Trust and Estates Associate
350 Primrose Road Burlingame, CA 94010
Status: Direct Hire - Employee
Location: Burlingame, California, 94010
This is one of California’s chief wealth advisory boutique firms specializing in delivering sophisticated counsel to both high net worth individuals and prominent Silicon Valley corporations. The firm’s highly experienced attorneys, several of whom are recognized as 2015 Northern California Super Lawyers, are experts in personal wealth planning, trust and estate matters, and fiduciary management. Each counsel devotes the highest quality of personal service to families, individuals, and businesses as they make important decisions for the future.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
As part of one of the Bay Area’s largest and most experienced wealth advisory-focused law firm, you will develop professionally and benefit from your experiences. You will work directly with individuals, families, and high level executives and receive mentor ship from accomplished professionals. Located in the heart of the Bay Area, the firm’s premier location allows for you to serve in leadership roles throughout the community and engage in a variety of non-profit and professional organizations.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
* This is an opportunity to work alongside Silicon Valley’s leading trust and estate practitioners and advise on all tax aspects affecting individuals, families, and corporations
* You will be engaging in the primary areas of estate and tax planning, income tax, property tax, transfer tax, and charitable planning
* There will be chances for pass-through entity and business succession planning
* The firm highly supports your professional development and path to partnership
* Juris Doctor and a minimum of three years’ experience in tax law
* Familiarity with Federal and California tax law required
* Strong communications and skills, both written and verbal, and confidence in ability to work both independently and on a team
Mandy Farmaian, CSC
Mandy helped found ABA in 1986 with Valli Farmaian. With her love of people and innate ability to nurture relationships, she knew the staffing industry was where she wanted to be, and she hasn’t looked back since. In her role as president, Mandy spearheads ABA’s Sales and Recruiting efforts, leading the ABA team in candidate searches and development of ABA’s Technology and Legal divisions. Her extensive network of Bay Area talent and employers as well as her years of expertise in recruiting and professional placement are the key drivers to ABA’s success – earning the company a spot on the Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in the US. She has successfully completed retained and contingency search for attorneys as well as technology executives.
Having established Legal as one of ABA’s core divisions, Mandy returned to ABA after three years working with the Eastridge Group. Under her guidance, these divisions provide staffing solutions to some of the Bay Area’s top technology companies as well as law firms and corporate legal departments.
Mandy earned her BA in political science and French literature from the University of California, Berkeley. After several years of city life in San Francisco, she moved with her family to Hillsborough, CA where she remains active in the community and is a board member of the San Mateo County Health Foundation.
Favorite things to do in the Bay Area: Hiking, movies, and farmers markets (and the occasional tennis game!).
Favorite quote: “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill