2560 Orchard Pkwy San Jose, CA 95131
Status: Full-Time Employee
Location:San Francisco Bay Area
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
- Develop, assess, and negotiate contracts including sales agreements, request for proposal, consulting, supply, services, software, etc.
- Provide appropriate guidance and involvement of other relevant functions, such as licensing, marketing, operations and intellectual property.
- Advise internal business and commercial teams concerning complex business and contract issues.
- Promote process improvement initiatives and assist with development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Manage the contract workflow process and facilitate the approval of the appropriate management.
- Communicate thoroughly, timely, and regularly with internal and external parties.
COMPANY PROFILE AND BENEFITS
- Our client is a world leader in biotechnology research and development, with a strong commitment to helping scientists break new ground with innovative technologies.
- The company has strong core values designed to make a difference in the lives of patients, their families, and the employees.
- The company has a friendly and welcoming culture in which employees are recognized and rewarded for their teamwork, contributions, and creativity.
- Exceptional compensation and benefits package.
- JD degree with 3+ years of professional experience of drafting and negotiating agreements and (preferred) BA or BS in life sciences or a related field.
- Strong legal acumen and business sense with strong influencing skills.
- Admission to California state bar.
- Extremely detail oriented with strong negotiation and communication skills.
Meet Your Recruiter
Mandy Farmaian, CSC
Mandy helped found ABA in 1986 with Valli Farmaian. With her love of people and innate ability to nurture relationships, she knew the staffing industry was where she wanted to be, and she hasn’t looked back since. In her role as president, Mandy spearheads ABA’s Sales and Recruiting efforts, leading the ABA team in candidate searches and development of ABA’s Technology and Legal divisions. Her extensive network of Bay Area talent and employers as well as her years of expertise in recruiting and professional placement are the key drivers to ABA’s success – earning the company a spot on the Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in the US. She has successfully completed retained and contingency search for attorneys as well as technology executives.
Having established Legal as one of ABA’s core divisions, Mandy returned to ABA after three years working with the Eastridge Group. Under her guidance, these divisions provide staffing solutions to some of the Bay Area’s top technology companies as well as law firms and corporate legal departments.
Mandy earned her BA in political science and French literature from the University of California, Berkeley. After several years of city life in San Francisco, she moved with her family to Hillsborough, CA where she remains active in the community and is a board member of the San Mateo County Health Foundation.
Favorite things to do in the Bay Area: Hiking, movies, and farmers markets (and the occasional tennis game!).
Favorite quote: “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill