Sr. Statistician, Assay Development
2809 Boston St, Suite 503 Baltimore, MD 21224 US
Status: Full-Time Employee
Location: Palo Alto, CA
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- Design and execute verification and validation studies for obtaining CLIA certification, CAP accreditation, and for submissions to the FDA.
- Assist in planning studies, experiments, and analyses (LoB, LoD, LoQ, R&R and precision, linearity, etc.), including SAP’s, reports and controlled documents.
- Represent data science and biostatistics teams to cross-functional teams and to regulatory agencies.
- Act as an internal statistical consultant to other functional groups or their members by providing expert advice on statistical methodology, and mentor non-clinical statistics team members
- When challenges arise in interdisciplinary project teams, identify and communicate risks or concerns, and present potential solutions.
COMPANY PROFILE AND BENEFITS:
- Our client is passionate about developing novel technologies to detect cancer when it’s asymptomatic, providing individuals with longer, healthier lives.
- Enormous career growth opportunities.
- Flexible time off policy and holiday shutdown periods.
- Hybrid and remote work options with a home office subsidy.
- Exceptional compensation and benefits package including stock options, 401K matching, PTO, health benefits, and vacation time.
- Ph.D. or Master’s degree in Biostatistics or Statistics or related field plus industry experience.
- 2+ years of practical experience designing and implementing statistical analyses in an applied statistics field
- 2+ years of experience with statistical software such as R or Python, with at least intermediate proficiency in R
- Desire to learn about cancer genetics and detection and contribute to a collaborative and mutually respectful working environment
- Background in molecular diagnostics
Meet Your Recruiter
Director, Executive Recruiter - Life Sciences and Legal
Josh joined ABA in 2019 as a legal recruiter after relocating to the Bay Area from the East Coast. He worked as a legal recruiter for close to a decade in New York City focusing on lateral placements at international law firms with a special focus on Asia markets and practices. He holds a B.A. in Communications from Fordham University. He enjoys the excitement and challenges of getting to know and understand the personality and long-term goals of his clients in order to help them find success and professional fulfillment.
In another lifetime Josh was a professional musician who toured throughout the country, wrote jingles for commercials and started an independent concert promotion company. He lives outside San Francisco with his wife and daughter.
Favorite Things to Do in the Bay Area: Camping, hiking, and exploring new restaurants