Sr Research Associate II, HIV Discovery Virology
333 Lakeside Dr. Foster City, CA 94404 US
Senior Research Associate II, HIV Discovery Virology
Status: Full-Time Employee
Location: Foster City, Seattle, NJ
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
- Regularly document detailed protocols and results in electronic notebook entries.
- Independently design, perform, analyze, and interpret experimental data to help advance the discovery and development of HIV therapeutics.
- Present scientific findings in group meetings and project team meetings.
- Contribute to internal and external presentations, posters, and manuscripts.
- Collaborate effectively within Virology and cross-functional teams to advance project needs.
COMPANY PROFILE AND BENEFITS
- Our client has sought out treatments for life-threatening diseases for over 3 decades and continues researching new solutions every day.
- The company has strong core values designed to make a difference in the lives of patients, their families, and the employees.
- Exceptional compensation and benefits package.
- BS or MS in biology, virology, immunology, biochemistry, molecular and cellular biology, or related scientific discipline.
- 4+ years of experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical/healthcare industry.
- Experience in cell-based assay development, with the ability to evaluate quality of the data and recognize anomalous results.
- Hands-on experience in antiviral assays, primary cell isolation, immune cell functional assays, flow cytometry, and immunoassays.
- Must be comfortable working in a BSL2+ lab.
- Strong organizational skills with meticulous record keeping.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey complex technical information.
ABOUT ABA SEARCH
At ABA Search, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We're positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We thrive on deepening our expertise. We're energized by the life science and pharmaceutical industries, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That's what makes us "the name to know in recruitment."
Meet Your Recruiter
Mandy Farmaian, CSC
Mandy helped found ABA in 1986 with Valli Farmaian. With her love of people and innate ability to nurture relationships, she knew the staffing industry was where she wanted to be, and she hasn’t looked back since. In her role as president, Mandy spearheads ABA’s Sales and Recruiting efforts, leading the ABA team in candidate searches and development of ABA’s Life Sciences, Technology, and Legal divisions. Her extensive network of Bay Area talent and employers as well as her years of expertise in recruiting and professional placement are the key drivers to ABA’s success – earning the company a spot on the Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in the US. She has successfully completed retained and contingency search for attorneys as well as technology executives.
Having established Legal as one of ABA’s core divisions, Mandy returned to ABA after three years working with the Eastridge Group. Under her guidance, these divisions provide staffing solutions to some of the Bay Area’s top technology companies as well as law firms and corporate legal departments.
Mandy earned her BA in political science and French literature from the University of California, Berkeley. After several years of city life in San Francisco, she moved with her family to Hillsborough, CA where she remains active in the community and is a board member of the San Mateo County Health Foundation.
Favorite things to do in the Bay Area: Hiking, movies, and farmers markets (and the occasional tennis game!).
Favorite quote: “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill