Senior Software Performance Engineer
153 Townsend St., Ste. 800 San Francisco, CA 94107
Senior Software Performance Engineer
Industry: Health Technology
Status: Full-Time Employee
Location: San Francisco
- Globally recognized tech-health company with eight global offices and over 1,500 employees worldwide
- Privately held company with annual valuation between $1-2 billion per year, industry leader with over 2 million subscribers
- Intent on providing customers with a greater sense of belonging in the world while delivering cutting-edge health technology
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- You will be a part of a company whose sole focus revolves around human understanding and knowledge
- You will be welcomed with a holistic benefit program including competitive pay, comprehensive retirement plan, medical, dental, and vision coverage, and maternity/paternity leave
- You will enjoy a host of day-to-day perks including but not limited to flexible paid time off, onsite fitness classes, external speakers, subsidized transit, as well as healthy snacks and drinks and a host of internal and external activities
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
- Lead and teach teams in performance testing via online tutorials and in-person sessions
- Create templates and reference documentation for ease of implementation and adoption by teams
- Work knowledgeably in the AWS cloud environment to facilitate automated performance-test execution and reporting
- Use Linux, Java, Nodejs, Angularjs, React and mobile technologies to identify and train groups in the use of performance profiling and diagnostic tools
- Perform post-test analysis, reporting on results and recommendations
- B.S. degree minimum, M.S. desired, 4+ years of relevant experience
- Performance-testing expert including baselining, load and stress testing, scalability and endurance, plus performance-tuning experience for platforms, containers, communications and software stacks
- Excellent leadership and team-building skills, proven experience working with cross-functional teams
- Solid in Linux Perftools, VisualVM, JMeter, and Taurus desired
- Adept with Linux, Java, HTTPS, HTTP/2, Nodejs, cach, mobile and browsers
At ABA, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We’re positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We love to learn and we thrive on deepening our expertise. With integrity and enthusiasm, we support the technology and health industries. That's what makes us “the name to know in recruitment.”
Director, Executive Search
Lauren’s first six years in recruiting started right here at ABA in the 1990s. In the 20+ years since, Lauren has been a staffing specialist at start-ups, an incubator, other staffing agencies, and she has served as the in-house recruiter for large international companies—not to mention running her own small business and raising three amazing children. Lauren’s breadth and depth of experience gives her a unique understanding of both client and candidate needs. To round out her knowledge, she has spent the last three years placing hardware and software engineering staff in the semiconductor industry as a Diversity Recruiter for Intel.
Some of Lauren’s past clients include Oracle, SAP, KPMG, PWC, Ernst and Young, Booz Allen Hamilton, boutique consulting firms, Fortune 500 companies, and start-ups where she placed technical, consulting, and sales staff. Her goal is to create enduring partnerships with candidates and clients alike, built on a rapport of honesty and trust. She has in-depth knowledge of all stages of the hiring/recruitment cycle and is skilled at advising selection criteria and managing job offer/compensation strategy. Most of all, Lauren absolutely loves recruiting because it’s not only challenging, but a great amount of fun too!
Born and raised in the Bay Area, Lauren graduated Summa Cum Laude from Dominican University with a B.S. in Human Resource Management and a minor in Psychology. Now located in Scottsdale, Arizona, she’s thrilled to be back with ABA where it all began to pursue the profession she loves.
Favorite things to do in Scottsdale: Exploring her new city and surrounding areas, hiking, and occasionally jumping on a plane to visit her college-aged daughter in the Northwest.
Favorite Quote: “This is the real secret of life – to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play.” - Alan Watts