Senior Research Scientist, HIV/Virology
foster city, CA 94404
Senior Research Scientist, HIV Virology
Status: Full-Time Employee
Location: San Francisco Peninsula
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
- You will lead the HIV virology efforts on a cross-functional research team
- You will conduct anti-HIV assays in cell lines and primary cells
- You will conduct the in-depth characterization of mechanisms of antiviral activity and in vitro resistance profiles of lead compounds
- You will identify and support external collaborations that complement research goals
- You will manage a direct report
COMPANY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Headquartered in the Bay Area, our client is a worldwide biopharmaceutical leader, spanning six continents
- Our client is on mission to simplify care for those affected by life-threatening illness
- Our client is gaining international attention through the acquisition of leading pharmaceutical companies
- Our client provides unrivaled benefits and stock option plans, among the top 5% of organizations in the Bay Area
- Ph.D. required, with at least 3 years of post-Ph.D. research experience research with, or in collaboration with, a pharmaceutical or biotech company
- Requires Virology background, with a background in HIV research a plus
- Hands-on experience and a broad expertise in molecular biology, virology techniques, and cell culture including primary cell isolation and culture is required.
ABOUT ABA SEARCH
At ABA Search, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We're positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We thrive on deepening our expertise. We're passionate about placements and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That's what makes us "the name to know in recruitment."
In 2020, ABA Search was recognized by Forbes to be one of America’s Best Recruiting Firms in both the Professional Search (#37) and Executive Search (#124) categories! ABA Search is one of only 69 top-performing firms in America awarded in both categories!
Meet Your Recruiter
Director - Legal
Josh joined ABA in 2019 as a legal recruiter after relocating to the Bay Area from the East Coast. He worked as a legal recruiter for close to a decade in New York City focusing on lateral placements at international law firms with a special focus on Asia markets and practices. He holds a B.A. in Communications from Fordham University. He enjoys the excitement and challenges of getting to know and understand the personality and long-term goals of his clients in order to help them find success and professional fulfillment.
In another lifetime Josh was a professional musician who toured throughout the country, wrote jingles for commercials and started an independent concert promotion company. He lives outside San Francisco with his wife and daughter.
Favorite Things to Do in the Bay Area: Camping, hiking, and exploring new restaurants