Senior QA Software Engineer
153 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107
Software Quality Systems Engineer-Senior or Principal
Industry: Genomic Health
Status: Direct Hire – Employee
Location: San Francisco, California 94107
Our client is a globally recognized private tech-health company with eight global offices and over 1, 500 employees worldwide. Privately held, the company’ s annual valuation is between $1-2 billion per year. The leader in their field with over 2 million customers, our client aims to provide their customers with a greater sense of understanding and solutions to health concerns.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
You will be a part of a company whose sole focus revolves around human understanding and knowledge. They offer competitive pay, comprehensive retirement plans, and medical, dental, and vision coverage. In addition to these benefits, our client provides a host of day-to-day perks to improve employee experience, including onsite fitness classes, external speakers, and subsidized transit.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- You will be an integral part of the regulated Software QA group working with product owners, software quality assurance engineers and developers in aspects of regulated Software QA within the R&D group.
- You will implement processes and procedures that meet the regulated environment guidelines within the group and help bring top-notch products
- You will ensure the quality of the cloud computing/Saas software systems
- You will oversee, during the entire software development cycle, the quality during the design, development and test of software related to cloud/Saas computing
- Manage quality during Software development activities involving creation and review of requirements, design specifications, code and design reviews, integration testing, test automation, exploratory test activities, and risk management
- Perform risk assessment including Preliminary Hazard Analyses, Fault Tree Analyses, FMEAs and Risk Management Report
- Bachelor’ s or Master’ s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science of related.
- 7+ years of related work experience
- Experience working within the regulated medical device industry and/or IVD medical device industry is preferred
- Experience working with risk management software per ISO 14971
- Understanding of basic IT infrastructure designs such as ACL, SSL, inbound/outbound connections
- Understanding of AWS cloud computing components (ECS, CloudWatch, S3, etc)
- Understanding of software Development Life Cycle using Agile
- Team oriented, detailed, strong verbal and written skills as well as a positive attitude when interacting with large number of customers both internally and externally
- Understanding of HIPAA and GDPR compliance a plus
At ABA, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We’ re positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We love to learn, and we continuously seek new ways to deepen our expertise. We’ re energized by the legal industry, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That' s what makes us “ the name to know in recruitment.”
Director, Executive Search
Lauren’s first six years in recruiting started right here at ABA in the 1990s. In the 20+ years since, Lauren has been a staffing specialist at start-ups, an incubator, other staffing agencies, and she has served as the in-house recruiter for large international companies—not to mention running her own small business and raising three amazing children. Lauren’s breadth and depth of experience gives her a unique understanding of both client and candidate needs. To round out her knowledge, she has spent the last three years placing hardware and software engineering staff in the semiconductor industry as a Diversity Recruiter for Intel.
Some of Lauren’s past clients include Oracle, SAP, KPMG, PWC, Ernst and Young, Booz Allen Hamilton, boutique consulting firms, Fortune 500 companies, and start-ups where she placed technical, consulting, and sales staff. Her goal is to create enduring partnerships with candidates and clients alike, built on a rapport of honesty and trust. She has in-depth knowledge of all stages of the hiring/recruitment cycle and is skilled at advising selection criteria and managing job offer/compensation strategy. Most of all, Lauren absolutely loves recruiting because it’s not only challenging, but a great amount of fun too!
Born and raised in the Bay Area, Lauren graduated Summa Cum Laude from Dominican University with a B.S. in Human Resource Management and a minor in Psychology. Now located in Scottsdale, Arizona, she’s thrilled to be back with ABA where it all began to pursue the profession she loves.
Favorite things to do in Scottsdale: Exploring her new city and surrounding areas, hiking, and occasionally jumping on a plane to visit her college-aged daughter in the Northwest.
Favorite Quote: “This is the real secret of life – to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play.” - Alan Watts