Senior Patent Counsel I
333 Lakeside Dr. Foster City, CA 94404
Senior Patent Counsel I
Status: Full Time Employee
Location: Foster City, CA 94404
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- You will have the chance to collaborate with members of the legal department to provide the best legal service
- You will be responsible for contributing to multidisciplinary and cross-functional projects within the IP legal team
- You will provide solutions and oversight to legal situations
- Headquartered in the Bay Area
- One of the world’ s leading biopharmaceutical companies focused on researching and developing advanced medical technology
- The company strives to simplify international care for all those affected by life-threatening illnesses
- Portfolio of highly successful output and over twenty marketed products
- Company spans six contents, employs over 8, 000 people, and generates over $30 billion in revenue.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan which allows you to contribute 1 to 15 percent of your salary to purchase stock at a discount
- 401(k) plan with a matching contribution of 100%.
- Expert communication skills
- 3+ years of experience as a patent agent or attorney
- Registered before the USPTO
- Working knowledge of biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries
- JD, bachelor’ s degree, and advanced degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry preferred
ABOUT ABA SEARCH:
At ABA Search, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We’ re positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We love to learn, and we continuously seek new ways to deepen our expertise. We’ re energized by the legal industry, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That' s what makes us “ the name to know in recruitment.”
For the past 2 years, ABA has been ranked as one of the Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America
Legal Recruiter/Operations Manager
Christie joined ABA in 2017 as a Legal Recruiter. She began her career as an Employment Manager at the Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe and most recently spent several years as a Coordinator at Thomson Reuters Expert Witness Services. Christie joined ABA to combine her knowledge of the legal industry with her passion for employment and recruiting. She is very excited to be a part of this team that works closely with both Clients and Candidates to bring together an ideal partnership.
Originally from the Bay Area, Christie received her Bachelor’s degree from Sacramento State University in Organizational Communication with a minor in Human Resources. She spent several years in Truckee, CA and currently lives in Reno, NV with her family.
Favorite things to do in the Reno: Camping at Lake Davis and day trips to Donner Lake with my husband and three children.
Favorite quote: “Being positive won’t guarantee you’ll succeed but being negative will guarantee you won’t.” – Jon Gordon