Senior Corporate Counsel
1299 Orleans Dr Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Senior Corporate Counsel
Status: Direct Hire - Employee
Location: Sunnyvale, California, 94089
Headquartered in the Bay Area, our client is an energy company transforming the way power is generated and distributed. Their mission is to provide clean, reliable, and affordable energy globally, a mission they are carrying out with their stationary power platform that is among the most efficient in the world. With a platform that both reduces energy costs and greenhouse gas emissions, our client is changing the world for the better.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
As part of one of the Bay Area’ s leading clean energy companies, you will develop professionally and benefit from your experiences. They offer competitive pay, comprehensive retirement plans, and medical, dental, and vision coverage. You will join a company that boasts multiple global offices, over 1, 200 employees, and a host of customers in the Fortune 500.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- You will be responsible for drafting and negotiating project financing transactions, as well as various secured and unsecured transactions
- You will provide legal counsel on all matters during post-commercial project phase, including issues arising under sales, financing, and incentive agreements
- You will negotiate a variety of agreements that relate to the company’ s project development pipeline
- You will counsel the project asset development and sales teams, advising them on their work and that of the general corporate landscape
- Juris Doctor required
- 8+ years of experience in corporate transactions with experience in energy preferred
- Strong customer service skills and confidence in abilities to offer quality assistance to a high end clientele base
- Exceptional written, verbal, and analytical skills and familiarity with probate processes and rules
- Excellent problem-solver with great attention to detail who thrives in a team environment
Mandy helped found ABA in 1986 with Valli Farmaian. With her love of people and innate ability to nurture relationships, she knew the staffing industry was where she wanted to be, and she hasn’t looked back since. In her role as president, Mandy spearheads ABA’s Sales and Recruiting efforts, leading the ABA team in candidate searches and development of ABA’s Technology and Legal divisions. Her extensive network of Bay Area talent and employers as well as her years of expertise in recruiting and professional placement are the key drivers to ABA’s success – earning the company a spot on the Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in the US. She has successfully completed retained and contingency search for attorneys as well as technology executives.
Having established Legal as one of ABA’s core divisions, Mandy returned to ABA after three years working with the Eastridge Group. Under her guidance, these divisions provide staffing solutions to some of the Bay Area’s top technology companies as well as law firms and corporate legal departments.
Mandy earned her BA in political science and French literature from the University of California, Berkeley. After several years of city life in San Francisco, she moved with her family to Hillsborough, CA where she remains active in the community and is a board member of the San Mateo County Health Foundation.
Favorite things to do in the Bay Area: Hiking, movies, and farmers markets (and the occasional tennis game!).
Favorite quote: “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill