Senior Corporate Counsel - Securities
4353 North First Street San Jose, CA 95134
Senior Corporate Counsel
Status: Direct Hire - Employee
Location: San Jose, California
Headquartered in the Bay Area, our client is an energy company transforming the way power is generated and distributed. Their mission is to provide clean, reliable, and affordable energy globally, a mission they are carrying out with their stationary power platform that is among the most efficient in the world. With a platform that both reduces energy costs and greenhouse gas emissions, our client is changing the world for the better.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
As part of one of the Bay Area’s leading clean energy companies, you will develop professionally and benefit from your experiences. They offer competitive pay, comprehensive retirement plans, and medical, dental, and vision coverage. You will join a company that boasts multiple global offices, over 1,200 employees, and a host of customers in the Fortune 500.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- You will be responsible for ensuring compliance with relevant SEC laws and regulations, as well as NYSE rules
- You will manage Sarbanes-Oxley and1934 Act compliance and reports, while working closely with the general counsel and CFO regarding earnings releases, analyst/ investor conferences, disclosure issues and shareholder proposals
- You will counsel on all corporate equity and debt financings, including acquisitions, joint ventures, and divestitures
- You will partner with the GC to develop the compliance program, with a particular emphasis on anticorruption, anti-bribery, and third parties
- Juris Doctor required and 8+ years of relevant experience
- Strong customer service skills and confidence in abilities to offer quality assistance to a high end clientele base
- Exceptional written, verbal, and analytical skills and familiarity with probate processes and rules
- Excellent problem-solver with great attention to detail who thrives in a team environment
At ABA, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We’re positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We love to learn, and we continuously seek new ways to deepen our expertise. We’re energized by the legal industry, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That's what makes us “the name to know in recruitment.”
Mandy Farmaian, CSC
Mandy helped found ABA in 1986 with Valli Farmaian. With her love of people and innate ability to nurture relationships, she knew the staffing industry was where she wanted to be, and she hasn’t looked back since. In her role as president, Mandy spearheads ABA’s Sales and Recruiting efforts, leading the ABA team in candidate searches and development of ABA’s Technology and Legal divisions. Her extensive network of Bay Area talent and employers as well as her years of expertise in recruiting and professional placement are the key drivers to ABA’s success – earning the company a spot on the Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in the US. She has successfully completed retained and contingency search for attorneys as well as technology executives.
Having established Legal as one of ABA’s core divisions, Mandy returned to ABA after three years working with the Eastridge Group. Under her guidance, these divisions provide staffing solutions to some of the Bay Area’s top technology companies as well as law firms and corporate legal departments.
Mandy earned her BA in political science and French literature from the University of California, Berkeley. After several years of city life in San Francisco, she moved with her family to Hillsborough, CA where she remains active in the community and is a board member of the San Mateo County Health Foundation.
Favorite things to do in the Bay Area: Hiking, movies, and farmers markets (and the occasional tennis game!).
Favorite quote: “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill