Senior Commercial Counsel
2000 Sierra Point Parkway, 9th Floor Brisbane, CA 94005
Senior Commercial Counsel
Industry: Biotech Pharma
Status: Full-Time Employee
Location: Brisbane, CA
Our client is a global leader in the development of life-changing treatments for specific therapeutic areas.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
- You will lead and help build the contracts function as the company moves towards commercializing its first product
- You will serve as the lead attorney and internal client contact for contracting matters across the organization
- You will focus on drafting, negotiating and managing clinical and other contracts related to U.S. and E.U. commercial activities
- You will manage a small team of paralegals and legal assistants dedicated to the contracting function
- J.D. from an accredited U.S. law school, admitted to practice in California preferred
- Experience at nationally recognized law firm in an applicable practice area is preferred
- 5+ years' experience drafting and negotiating contracts in the life sciences industry, plus experience with new product launches strongly preferred
- Experience contracting for a variety of pharmaceutical activities plus working knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, guidance and industry codes required
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- You will join a successful biotech company that is poised to launch and commercialize three new products
- Timely professional opportunity as the company may double in size within a year
- You will report to the Vice President of Legal
- Comprehensive benefits, including equity grants, 401(k) matching, FSA plan, and more
ABOUT ABA SEARCH
At ABA Search, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We're positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We thrive on deepening our expertise. We're passionate about placements and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That's what makes us "the name to know in recruitment."In 2020, ABA Search was recognized by Forbes to be one of America’s Best Recruiting Firms in both the Professional Search (#37) and Executive Search (#124) categories! ABA Search is one of only 69 top-performing firms in America awarded in both categories!
Meet Your Recruiter
Mandy Farmaian, CSC
Mandy helped found ABA in 1986 with Valli Farmaian. With her love of people and innate ability to nurture relationships, she knew the staffing industry was where she wanted to be, and she hasn’t looked back since. In her role as president, Mandy spearheads ABA’s Sales and Recruiting efforts, leading the ABA team in candidate searches and development of ABA’s Technology and Legal divisions. Her extensive network of Bay Area talent and employers as well as her years of expertise in recruiting and professional placement are the key drivers to ABA’s success – earning the company a spot on the Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in the US. She has successfully completed retained and contingency search for attorneys as well as technology executives.
Having established Legal as one of ABA’s core divisions, Mandy returned to ABA after three years working with the Eastridge Group. Under her guidance, these divisions provide staffing solutions to some of the Bay Area’s top technology companies as well as law firms and corporate legal departments.
Mandy earned her BA in political science and French literature from the University of California, Berkeley. After several years of city life in San Francisco, she moved with her family to Hillsborough, CA where she remains active in the community and is a board member of the San Mateo County Health Foundation.
Favorite things to do in the Bay Area: Hiking, movies, and farmers markets (and the occasional tennis game!).
Favorite quote: “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill