2 Tower Place, 5th Floor, South San Francisco, CA 94080
Status: Full-Time Employee
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
- You will develop, validate, and expand diagnostic products
- You will analyze clinical data, biomarker data, and complex datasets
- You will program in R and assess data pipelines for general use in clinical implementation
- You will write about complicated data science topics in reports using digestible insights
- You will direct a small team of data scientists in cohort analyses
- You will work with R&D in analytical validation of novel biomarkers
COMPANY PROFILE AND BENEFITS
- You will be part of a company startup operating in a very promising greenfield of scientific inquiry
- You will be invited to use your entrepreneurial spirit to push on the forefront of technology to reduce the time it takes to diagnose cancer
- You will work alongside people who have a genuine desire to impact patient lives and contribute to the greater scientific community
- You will have abundant opportunity to grow as a leader and be welcomed with a competitive compensation and benefits package, plus bonus structure and stock options
- PhD followed by 3+ years' experience in a quantitative field (such as Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, or Bioinformatics) or master's degree with 6+ years' relevant experience
- Proficiency with the R programming language, using statistical packages, and working within machine-learning conventions
- Ideal candidate with have experience analyzing genomic or proteomic biomarkers
- Familiarity with shell scripting, the Linux operating system, Python, or GitHub preferred
- Experience with cloud computing environments such as Google Cloud and AWS a plus
- Experience writing clinical papers and publication
ABOUT ABA SEARCH
At ABA Search, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We're positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We thrive on deepening our expertise. We're passionate about placements and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That's what makes us "the name to know in recruitment."
In 2020, ABA Search was recognized by Forbes to be one of America’s Best Recruiting Firms in both the Professional Search (#37) and Executive Search (#124) categories! ABA Search is one of only 69 top-performing firms in America awarded in both categories! For the past 2 years, ABA has been ranked as one of the Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America.
Meet Your Recruiter
Mandy Farmaian, CSC
Mandy helped found ABA in 1986 with Valli Farmaian. With her love of people and innate ability to nurture relationships, she knew the staffing industry was where she wanted to be, and she hasn’t looked back since. In her role as president, Mandy spearheads ABA’s Sales and Recruiting efforts, leading the ABA team in candidate searches and development of ABA’s Technology and Legal divisions. Her extensive network of Bay Area talent and employers as well as her years of expertise in recruiting and professional placement are the key drivers to ABA’s success – earning the company a spot on the Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in the US. She has successfully completed retained and contingency search for attorneys as well as technology executives.
Having established Legal as one of ABA’s core divisions, Mandy returned to ABA after three years working with the Eastridge Group. Under her guidance, these divisions provide staffing solutions to some of the Bay Area’s top technology companies as well as law firms and corporate legal departments.
Mandy earned her BA in political science and French literature from the University of California, Berkeley. After several years of city life in San Francisco, she moved with her family to Hillsborough, CA where she remains active in the community and is a board member of the San Mateo County Health Foundation.
Favorite things to do in the Bay Area: Hiking, movies, and farmers markets (and the occasional tennis game!).
Favorite quote: “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill