Program Team Leader
south san francisco, CA 94080
Program Team Leader
Status: Full-Time Employee
Location: South San Francisco
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
- You will lead a team responsible for developing compounds as they transition from target identification, through pre-clinical work, to IND filing and early development.
- You will partner with key stakeholders to define the vision and drug discovery and development strategy for the program.
- You will provide leadership and direction for cross-functional teams.
- You will interact with Company’s partners, including CRO’s and pharmaceutical companies, to coordinate all scientific activities and manage expenses.
- You will drive strategic and operational decisions to evaluate therapeutic indication selection and clinical development.
COMPANY PROFILE AND BENEFITS
- Our client is forward-thinking in its pursuit of understanding the fundamental science of aging and finding treatments for associated diseases.
- Our client is broadly recognized for its positive company culture and commitment to operating with integrity.
- You will be part of a reputable and stable company.
- You will be welcomed with an exceptional compensation and benefits package.
- Ph.D. in a Biological Science and/or M.D. plus post-doc.
- Track record of leading program teams from target validation into early clinical development.
- 10+ years' of work experience in the pharmaceutical industry working in drug development, preferably in both non-clinical and early clinical drug development.
- Exceptional decision making and analytical skills, proven ability to promote collaborations.
ABOUT ABA SEARCH
At ABA Search, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We're positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We thrive on deepening our expertise. We're energized by the life science and pharmaceutical industries, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That's what makes us "the name to know in recruitment."
Check out # 35 on the 2019 Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America!
Meet Your Recruiter
Executive Recruiter - Legal
Josh joined ABA in 2019 as a legal recruiter after relocating to the Bay Area from the East Coast. He worked as a legal recruiter for close to a decade in New York City focusing on lateral placements at international law firms with a special focus on Asia markets and practices. He holds a B.A. in Communications from Fordham University. He enjoys the excitement and challenges of getting to know and understand the personality and long-term goals of his clients in order to help them find success and professional fulfillment.
In another lifetime Josh was a professional musician who toured throughout the country, wrote jingles for commercials and started an independent concert promotion company. He lives outside San Francisco with his wife and daughter.
Favorite Things to Do in the Bay Area: Camping, hiking, and exploring new restaurants