153 Townsend St. Suite 800 San Francisco, CA 94107
Our client is the world’ s largest for-profit genealogy company, operating a host of genealogical and historical record websites. Utilizing an extensive record of family trees, historical records, and DNA, our client helps people uncover a deeper understanding of their family history and who they are. With over 2 million subscribers, our client aims to bring customers discover a greater sense of identity and belonging in the world.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
You will be a part of a company that has eight global offices and over 1, 500 employees around the world. They offer competitive pay, comprehensive retirement plans, and medical, dental, and vision coverage. In addition to these benefits, our client provides a host of day-to-day perks to improve employee experience, including onsite fitness classes, external speakers, and subsidized transit.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- You will manage operations and promote patent prosecution guidelines, while providing lead support to the Associate General Counsel
- You will support patent practitioners from preparation to post grant with a focus on US and PCT filing procedures
- You will create and implement scalable processes to manage IP-related projects more efficiently
- You will research a range of legal issues, identify flaws in processes and terminology, and organize materials to aid benchmarking projects and forecasting
- 5+ years of relevant patent prosecution support experience, along with USPTO, EPO, and WiPO experience
- Ability to organize and manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders and groups
- Exceptional written, verbal, and analytical skills
- Excellent problem-solver with great attention to detail who thrives in a team environment
At ABA, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We’ re positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We love to learn, and we continuously seek new ways to deepen our expertise. We’ re energized by the legal industry, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That' s what makes us “ the name to know in recruitment.”
Legal Recruiter/Operations Manager
Christie joined ABA in 2017 as a Legal Recruiter. She began her career as an Employment Manager at the Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe and most recently spent several years as a Coordinator at Thomson Reuters Expert Witness Services. Christie joined ABA to combine her knowledge of the legal industry with her passion for employment and recruiting. She is very excited to be a part of this team that works closely with both Clients and Candidates to bring together an ideal partnership.
Originally from the Bay Area, Christie received her Bachelor’s degree from Sacramento State University in Organizational Communication with a minor in Human Resources. She spent several years in Truckee, CA and currently lives in Reno, NV with her family.
Favorite things to do in the Reno: Camping at Lake Davis and day trips to Donner Lake with my husband and three children.
Favorite quote: “Being positive won’t guarantee you’ll succeed but being negative will guarantee you won’t.” – Jon Gordon