Manager, Development Business Operations - Vendor Outsourcing - R0020389 Remote
333 Lakeside Dr. Foster City, CA 94404
Manager, Development Business Operations
Industry: Clinical Outsourcing
Status: Full-Time Employee
Location: Foster City, CA/Remote
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
- Responsible for managing and completing complex to non-routine clinical contracts and finance processes.
- Oversee other staff members and operational functions.
- Participate in establishing departmental and cross-functional policies and procedures while assisting staff in resolving contract negotiation or management issues.
- Work with internal customers in vendor bidding and proposal development (RFP creation and analysis).
- Assist with vendor presentation preparation and manage vendor bid defense meetings.
- Lead the contract life cycle management process related to vendor agreements.
- Manage the contract negotiation process with the help of internal customers and the legal department.
COMPANY PROFILE AND BENEFITS
- Our client has sought out treatments for life-threatening diseases for over 3 decades, and continues researching new solutions every day.
- The company has strong core values designed to make a difference in the lives of patients, their families, and the employees.
- Exceptional compensation and benefits package.
- 7+ years of experience with a BA in a relevant discipline.
- 5+ years of experience with a MS/MBA in a relevant discipline.
- Experience with contract negotiation and/or clinical finance.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of regulatory and legal issues pertinent to clinical development.
- Basic understanding of the regulatory implications of contracts as related to clinical research.
ABOUT ABA SEARCH
At ABA Search, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We're positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We thrive on deepening our expertise. We're energized by the life science and pharmaceutical industries, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That's what makes us "the name to know in recruitment."
Check out the 2020 Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America! This was ABA’s 4th year in a row on this list and our 2nd year on the Best Executive Search Firms in America.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Recruiting Analyst
Suzanne joined ABA September 2020 as a Recruiting Analyst. She has a rich work history in healthcare, pharmaceutical sales, sourcing for biometrics and clinical trials, and public-sector human resources. She holds a Bachelor of Science Degree from the University of California, Davis. Suzanne upholds the client-centric business model that focuses on creating a positive experience for the client by providing exceptional service and building resilient business relationships. She firmly believes that it is not the number of calls you make in a day, rather, it is the quality of the conversation and effort put into each client/candidate to make their day easier. Suzanne gets great satisfaction sourcing for new candidates because she gets the opportunity to pair a person with a new position that will ultimately change their life and move their career forward.
A California native, Suzanne grew up in what would become Silicon Valley. She loved Santa Clara County and enjoyed the diversity of its people, the picturesque landscapes, and perfect weather. She gained valuable work experience in healthcare and pharmaceutical sales before she decided to stay home with her children. Ultimately, this choice would lead her family to move to Placer County where she then took on life as a “volunteer extraordinaire” for her local school district. She is now back in the workforce using her knowledge in healthcare and clinical data studies to pair candidates with their dream careers while assisting companies to find their ideal candidate.
Favorite Thing to do in Placer County: Hike, paddle board on Folsom Lake and enjoy the local wineries.
Favorite Quote: “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” ~ Maya Angelou