Manager - Compensation Accounting
1 Franklin Pkwy San Mateo, CA 94403
Compensation Accounting Manager
Industry: Financial Services
Status: Full-Time Employee
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
- You will have overall responsibility for ensuring that compensation-related accruals and global allocations are properly recorded in accordance with US GAAP, IFRS and local GAAP requirements
- You will review and sign off on schedules prepared by team members, and prepare termination benefits entries and the related schedules
- You will communicate with regional controllers and their teams, tax departments, outside auditors and third-party vendors, and prepare requested schedules
- You will provide training to team members and encourage junior team members to improve their understanding of the business
COMPANY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Our client, a leader in global investment management, has been providing successful investment solutions for more than seventy years
- With over twelve-thousand employees, our client encourages professional and personal growth, working closely with employees to establish personal performance objectives and promote involvement in the local community through paid time-off volunteering
- Our client provides comprehensive benefits, including generous medical coverage, a 401(k) savings plan with 75% company match, a stock investment plan, tuition assistance program, plus an onsite fitness and recreation center and onsite cafeteria
- Our client provides three weeks paid time off in the first year
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance, plus CPA or equivalent professional accounting designation
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience, preferably including Public Accounting
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP and Accounting processes, plus exposure to international accounting issues and requirements
- Supervisory experience required, plus experience with automated financial systems including the general ledger
ABOUT ABA SEARCH
At ABA Search, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We're positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We thrive on deepening our expertise. We're passionate about staffing and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That's what makes us "the name to know in recruitment."
In 2020, ABA Search was recognized by Forbes to be one of America’s Best Recruiting Firms in both the Professional Search (#37) and Executive Search (#124) categories! ABA Search is one of only 69 top-performing firms in America awarded in both categories!
Meet Your Recruiter
Mandy Farmaian, CSC
Mandy helped found ABA in 1986 with Valli Farmaian. With her love of people and innate ability to nurture relationships, she knew the staffing industry was where she wanted to be, and she hasn’t looked back since. In her role as president, Mandy spearheads ABA’s Sales and Recruiting efforts, leading the ABA team in candidate searches and development of ABA’s Technology and Legal divisions. Her extensive network of Bay Area talent and employers as well as her years of expertise in recruiting and professional placement are the key drivers to ABA’s success – earning the company a spot on the Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in the US. She has successfully completed retained and contingency search for attorneys as well as technology executives.
Having established Legal as one of ABA’s core divisions, Mandy returned to ABA after three years working with the Eastridge Group. Under her guidance, these divisions provide staffing solutions to some of the Bay Area’s top technology companies as well as law firms and corporate legal departments.
Mandy earned her BA in political science and French literature from the University of California, Berkeley. After several years of city life in San Francisco, she moved with her family to Hillsborough, CA where she remains active in the community and is a board member of the San Mateo County Health Foundation.
Favorite things to do in the Bay Area: Hiking, movies, and farmers markets (and the occasional tennis game!).
Favorite quote: “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill