150 California Street Suite 2200 San Francisco, CA 94111
Industry: Law Firm
Status: Direct Hire - Employee
Location: San Francisco, California, 94111
Our client is a national litigation boutique that practices in high-stakes and complex business cases. This firm has a reputation of excellence within the legal community for their work with some of the largest law firms and was recently recognized in U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers “ Best Law Firms” rankings. From commercial disputes to class actions, our client is known for their thorough and tenacious litigation on both sides of the docket.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
Although headquartered in Houston, Texas, our client has six national offices and has established an international practice. Unlike many of the big law firms, this boutique prides itself on their relaxed atmosphere. Want to wear blue jeans to work? Feel free. You will receive flexible benefit options, including generous medical coverage for health, dental, and vision. Other bonuses include a 401(k) savings plan, paid time off and company holidays, and access to a health and wellness reimbursement program.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- You will provide support to attorneys and assist in all phases of the litigation process, from initial filing through discovery
- You will be responsible for organizing and producing documents, review transcripts to summarize highlights, and coordinate the e-discovery process by interfacing with vendors and aids
- You will research and analyze law sources, conduct document searches and factual research, and ensure proper indexing and filing of legal documents
- You will act as liaison to various employees to oversee the progress of documents
- 4+ years of experience as a litigation paralegal
- Exceptional written, verbal, and analytical skills and familiarity with probate processes and rules
- Exposure to trial preparation and working knowledge of legal terminology and research
- Excellent problem-solver with great attention to detail who thrives in a team environment
At ABA, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We’ re positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We love to learn, and we continuously seek new ways to deepen our expertise. We’ re energized by the legal industry, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That' s what makes us “ the name to know in recruitment.”
Legal Recruiter/Operations Manager
Christie joined ABA in 2017 as a Legal Recruiter. She began her career as an Employment Manager at the Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe and most recently spent several years as a Coordinator at Thomson Reuters Expert Witness Services. Christie joined ABA to combine her knowledge of the legal industry with her passion for employment and recruiting. She is very excited to be a part of this team that works closely with both Clients and Candidates to bring together an ideal partnership.
Originally from the Bay Area, Christie received her Bachelor’s degree from Sacramento State University in Organizational Communication with a minor in Human Resources. She spent several years in Truckee, CA and currently lives in Reno, NV with her family.
Favorite things to do in the Reno: Camping at Lake Davis and day trips to Donner Lake with my husband and three children.
Favorite quote: “Being positive won’t guarantee you’ll succeed but being negative will guarantee you won’t.” – Jon Gordon