1250 Bayhill Drive, Suite 360 San Bruno, CA 94066
Location: 400 Concar Drive, San Mateo CA 940
ABOUT ABA SEARCH
ABA Search is a premier staffing and recruiting firm delivering exceptional candidate matches for the most admired and talked about companies in the San Francisco Bay Area. For 30 years, we have continuously built long-lasting relationships and trust with both our candidates and clients. We couldn’ t achieve this without our staff combining specialized recruiting expertise, clear communication, and personalized service.
Due to growth on our legal recruiting team, we have an opening for a Senior Legal Recruiter focused on attorney recruitment and recruitment of executive level positions in law firms and corporations. As a Senior Legal Recruiter at ABA Search, you will build relationships with clients and candidates, consistently identifying needs and understanding backgrounds to determine opportunity matches. We are looking for a proactive professional who enjoys networking and finding creative ways to drive hiring results and attract new clients.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
- Work directly with ABA' s president filling orders.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of client needs and act as a strategic consultant for the clients’ business goals
- Screen and qualify prospective candidates for multiple job openings
- Conduct interviews to determine current and future matches, assessing experience, soft skills, technical skills, and cultural alignment
- Create and post job descriptions; use social media to generate maximum exposure
- Deliver superior client and candidate satisfaction through customer service and prompt responses
- Develop strategy with Manmagement to maximize quality results
- Attend and become active member at networking events and industry related organizations
- Bachelor’ s Degree
- 2+ years of sales and recruiting experience (agency recruiting experience a plus)
- Strong consultative sales approach
- Ability to work with ambiguity and evolving, fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, responsiveness, and flexibility
- A driven, curious mind with attention for detail
- A great sense of humor and a passion for connecting people
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
ABA Search offers a competitive base salary plus the ability to earn an uncapped commission. We also offer terrific career progression, extensive training from both internal and external resources, and many perks including free lunches and incentive bonuses. Enjoy generous medical coverage, PTO and company holidays, as well as the opportunity to significantly learn while taking a company to its next level.
ABA’ s MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of ABA is to build a better Search & Staffing network.
Our goal is recruiting excellence and our foundation is effective teamwork. We are committed to meet and exceed the ever-changing needs of our clients, candidates and employees.
Founder and CEO
Valli founded ABA Personnel Services in 1986 with the goal of providing more effective and personalized staffing services. He realized that both accuracy and speed were essential to meeting his clients’ needs, so ABA became one of the first agencies to use personal computers in the sourcing, recruiting, and placing of candidates. Under Valli’s leadership, ABA quickly grew into a multi-branch agency employing thousands of temporary workers (as many as 1,400 hires per year) across multiple industries, and achieved Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in America. By 1992, ABA Personnel had become ABA Search & Staffing with an emphasis on search and placement. As president, Valli guided the agency into the more specialized areas of Innovative IT, Engineering, and Legal, and these remain ABA’s core focus today. Recently, ABA Search was recognized by Forbes as # 60 on the 2018 Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America!
Born in Philadelphia, Valli attended prep school at Tabor Academy, a naval honor school on the coast of Massachusetts. He went on to earn a BA in communications from the University of New Hampshire, followed by his MBA from Suffolk University in Boston. His career in staffing started in 1982 when he joined Adia Personnel (now Adecco) as a sales professional in San Francisco. He was promoted to Branch Manager in 1984 and, in that role, Valli opened and managed a local Adia office, which he rapidly built into the 8th most profitable branch of more than 500 Adia offices nationwide.
Valli lives in Hillsborough, CA with his wife, Mandy (ABA’s President). With their two sons out of college and pursuing careers in other cities, they’d be empty nesters if not for their black Lab, Sargent Pepper, keeping them on their toes.
Favorite things to do in the Bay Area: Hiking in Purisima Creek Redwoods Park, gardening (Persian fruit trees and roses!), and snow skiing.
Favorite quote: “I go to a synagogue, church, and mosque, and I see the same spirit at the same altar.” – Rumi