Senior Legal Recruiter
44 Montgomery St San Francisco, CA 94104
Senior Legal Recruiter
Status: Full-Time Employee
Location: San Mateo, California
ABA Search is one of America's foremost professional staffing and recruiting firms, combining over 30 years of professionalism, honesty, and hard work with an impressive and committed network of clients and candidates. ABA is seeking an energetic and rising star to support and grow current and new legal recruitment in Life Science and other industries.
The Role You Will Play
- Report directly to ABA's president, while collaborating with management in establishing strategy
- Develop comprehensive understanding of client business goals in order to strategically support client efforts
- Create and post compelling job descriptions, source, screen and qualify prospective candidates, and conduct intake interviews
- Attend and become an active member at networking events and industry-related organizations
Features and Benefits
- Exceptional entrepreneurial opportunity, as the company is currently experiencing significant growth and exponential change
- Competitive base salary, plus the ability to earn an uncapped commission
- Incentive bonuses, generous medical coverage, PTO, company holiday, and extensive training from both internal and external sources
- Warm and supportive company culture, committed to the values of trust, integrity, teamwork, and overall excellence
- Headquartered in San Mateo, on the beautiful San Francisco Peninsula
- Ability to work with ambiguity and take charge in an evolving, fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, responsiveness, and flexibility
- A driven, curious mind with attention for detail
- A great sense of humor and a passion for connecting people
- 4+ years of consultative sales and legal or recruiting experience, Bachelor’s Degree minimum, J.D. preferred
About ABA Search
At ABA Search, we're positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We love to learn and we thrive on deepening our expertise. We're energized by the legal, life sciences, and technology industries and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That's what makes us "the name to know in recruitment."
Mandy Farmaian, CSC
Mandy helped found ABA in 1986 with Valli Farmaian. With her love of people and innate ability to nurture relationships, she knew the staffing industry was where she wanted to be, and she hasn’t looked back since. In her role as president, Mandy spearheads ABA’s Sales and Recruiting efforts, leading the ABA team in candidate searches and development of ABA’s Technology and Legal divisions. Her extensive network of Bay Area talent and employers as well as her years of expertise in recruiting and professional placement are the key drivers to ABA’s success – earning the company a spot on the Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in the US. She has successfully completed retained and contingency search for attorneys as well as technology executives.
Having established Legal as one of ABA’s core divisions, Mandy returned to ABA after three years working with the Eastridge Group. Under her guidance, these divisions provide staffing solutions to some of the Bay Area’s top technology companies as well as law firms and corporate legal departments.
Mandy earned her BA in political science and French literature from the University of California, Berkeley. After several years of city life in San Francisco, she moved with her family to Hillsborough, CA where she remains active in the community and is a board member of the San Mateo County Health Foundation.
Favorite things to do in the Bay Area: Hiking, movies, and farmers markets (and the occasional tennis game!).
Favorite quote: “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill