Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Status: Full Time Employee
Location: Orange County, California
- Our client focuses on innovative software and hardware for defense technology
- This Start-up is responsible for combating national security problems
- Our client has been able to secure a minimum of 40 million dollars in funding for their research and development
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Rapidly growing company
- Defense technology – future innovation
- Health and wellness benefits
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- This is an opportunity to directly support the General Counsel and the Senior Legal Counsel
- You will assist with negotiating license and services agreements
- You will be responsible for handling intellectual property, compliance, and employment issues
- You will provide support for IP and Litigation matters
- Expert communication and deliberate organizational skills
- 2+ years of experience as junior attorney or legal counsel
- Exposure to counseling private sector or corporate clients
- Working knowledge of a technology start-up environment
- Bachelor’s degree, JD, and California Bar
ABOUT ABA SEARCH:
At ABA Search, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We’re positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We love to learn, and we continuously seek new ways to deepen our expertise. We’re energized by the legal industry, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That's what makes us “the name to know in recruitment.”
For the past 2 years, ABA has been ranked as one of the Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America
Director, Legal Recruiting
Haeley joined the ABA team in 2012 as a Staffing Specialist generalist. Searching for a career out of college that was both intellectually stimulating and people-oriented, Haeley came to ABA and has never looked back. She has a passion for people and thrives on matchmaking corporate cultures to vibrant people. Haeley loves the exciting spectrum of Silicon Valley business that allows her to work with all types of clients – from the big names to the start-ups with brilliant minds.
Haeley earned her B.A. in Psychology with a minor in Business and graduated Cum Laude from Gonzaga University. As an undergraduate she kept quite busy; Haeley was Chief of Staff for the Psychology Club, Secretary for the Italian club, a member of Psi Chi (International Psychology Honors Society), and played in the symphony.
Haeley is currently the President of the Gonzaga Bay Area Alumni Chapter and a Board Member for the Golden Gate Chapter of California Staffing Professionals organization.
Haeley lives in San Francisco.
Favorite things to do in the Bay Area: Weekend trips to wine country!
Favorite quote: “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” – Colin Powell