Intellectual Property Manager
1290 Terra Bella Ave, Mountain View, CA 94043
Status: Full-Time Employee
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
- Serve a critical role in shaping the company’s IP portfolio and be a strategic contributor to the company’s IP and business development efforts
- Assist in arranging and prosecuting worldwide patent applications
- Oversee and direct outside counsel
- Interact with the research and development teams to identify new intellectual property and to secure protection on existing inventions
- Evaluate and prepare FTO's for 3rd party IP
- Develop and fulfill strategies for the company's patent portfolios
- Help review licensing and business transactions affecting intellectual property
- Assist in budgeting and managing IP expenditures
- Our client is a biotech company dedicated to discovering innovative technologies with a wide-ranging portfolio of reagents, tools, and services to support the life science community, with a particular specialty in cell and gene therapy technologies
- Our client is defined by their best-in-class products and solutions
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- You will be part of a world leading biotechnology and research company
- You will acquire a diversity of IP experience beyond patent prosecution
- You will work in a collaborative team environment which includes experienced leaders that embrace challenges and new science
- You will be welcomed with an exceptional compensation and benefits package
- Ph.D. in Biology, member of the USPTO, minimum of 3 years' experience preparing and prosecuting worldwide patents as patent agent in a law firm or at a pharmaceutical company
ABOUT ABA SEARCH
At ABA Search, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We're positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We thrive on deepening our expertise. We're passionate about placements and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That's what makes us "the name to know in recruitment."
In 2020, ABA Search was recognized by Forbes to be one of America’s Best Recruiting Firms in both the Professional Search (#37) and Executive Search (#124) categories! ABA Search is one of only 69 top-performing firms in America awarded in both categories!
Meet Your Recruiter
Mandy Farmaian, CSC
Mandy helped found ABA in 1986 with Valli Farmaian. With her love of people and innate ability to nurture relationships, she knew the staffing industry was where she wanted to be, and she hasn’t looked back since. In her role as president, Mandy spearheads ABA’s Sales and Recruiting efforts, leading the ABA team in candidate searches and development of ABA’s Technology and Legal divisions. Her extensive network of Bay Area talent and employers as well as her years of expertise in recruiting and professional placement are the key drivers to ABA’s success – earning the company a spot on the Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in the US. She has successfully completed retained and contingency search for attorneys as well as technology executives.
Having established Legal as one of ABA’s core divisions, Mandy returned to ABA after three years working with the Eastridge Group. Under her guidance, these divisions provide staffing solutions to some of the Bay Area’s top technology companies as well as law firms and corporate legal departments.
Mandy earned her BA in political science and French literature from the University of California, Berkeley. After several years of city life in San Francisco, she moved with her family to Hillsborough, CA where she remains active in the community and is a board member of the San Mateo County Health Foundation.
Favorite things to do in the Bay Area: Hiking, movies, and farmers markets (and the occasional tennis game!).
Favorite quote: “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill