In-House Corporate Paralegal - Equity
100 Hamilton Ave Ste 300 Palo Alto, CA 94301
In-House Corporate Paralegal – Equity
Industry: Technology Company
Status: Full Time Employee
Location: 100 Hamilton Ave, Palo Alto, California 94301
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- This is an opportunity to experience worldwide equity administration, including managing a complex capitalization table, transaction processing and data entry, reconciliations/audits for quality control, investor analysis, and related tax reporting
- You will have the chance to collaborate on equity compensation matters with Executives
- You will lead improvements of operations global equity administration
- Our client revolves their business around distributed systems infrastructure, big data processing, user experience design, and data science
- This company designs analytic technology and works with advocacy groups and the policy community on how technology can be used to protect privacy
- Our client has been recognized by many publications including Forbes, Bloomberg, and The Economist
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Relocation compensation if moving from over 50 miles
- Small company atmosphere
- On-site masseuse, chiropractor, and physician
- Expert Excel skills – formulas and pivot tables
- 2+ years of experience as a corporate paralegal
- Exposure to Shareworks or similar equity administration software
- Working knowledge of private company equity-related administration, tax, and legal concepts
- Bachelor’ s degree
ABOUT ABA SEARCH:
At ABA Search, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We’ re positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We love to learn, and we continuously seek new ways to deepen our expertise. We’ re energized by the legal industry, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That' s what makes us “ the name to know in recruitment.”
For the past 2 years, ABA has been ranked as one of the Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America
Director of Legal Recruiting
Haeley joined the ABA team in 2012 as a Staffing Specialist generalist. Searching for a career out of college that was both intellectually stimulating and people-oriented, Haeley came to ABA and has never looked back. She has a passion for people and thrives on matchmaking corporate cultures to vibrant people. Haeley loves the exciting spectrum of Silicon Valley business that allows her to work with all types of clients – from the big names to the start-ups with brilliant minds.
Haeley earned her B.A. in Psychology with a minor in Business and graduated Cum Laude from Gonzaga University. As an undergraduate she kept quite busy; Haeley was Chief of Staff for the Psychology Club, Secretary for the Italian club, a member of Psi Chi (International Psychology Honors Society), and played in the symphony.
Haeley is currently the President of the Gonzaga Bay Area Alumni Chapter and a Board Member for the Golden Gate Chapter of California Staffing Professionals organization.
Haeley lives in San Francisco.
Favorite things to do in the Bay Area: Weekend trips to wine country!
Favorite quote: “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” – Colin Powell