IP Alliance and Due Diligence Sr Counsel I
333 Lakeside Dr. Foster City, CA 94404
IP Alliance and Due Diligence Sr Counsel I
Status: Full-Time Employee
Location: San Francisco Peninsula
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
- You will independently conduct and manage patent due diligence investigations, including the management of outside counsel
- You will participate in negotiation of contracts in connection with transactional activities of commercial and/or developmental products
- You will coordinate and liaise with the Alliance Management Team post-deal close and during the term of license and/or collaboration
- You will deliver IP educational presentations to legal staff, researchers, and businesspeople
- Headquartered in the Bay Area, our client is a worldwide biopharmaceutical leader, spanning six contents
- Deeply invested in promoting health for millions worldwide through researching and developing advanced medical technology
- Dedicated to simplifying care internationally for those affected by life-threatening illness
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Our client provides unrivaled benefits, among the top 5% of organizations in the Bay Area
- Excellent bonus structure and stock option plan
- Inspiring company culture and flexible work schedule after a short tenure
- You will be part of the product-attorney group, reporting to the senior attorney
- Exceptional and timely professional opportunity, as our client is currently experiencing significant growth and exponential change
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school and admission before a State bar
- 6+ years of industry or law firm experience, which includes 4+ years in Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical patent prosecution experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related science, registered before the USPTO
- Experience in conducting due diligence investigations, including assessments of Ex-US patent rights
- Deep understanding of pharmaceutical patent practice, including Hatch-Waxman litigation in addition to demonstrating an understanding of regulatory data exclusivities, patent term extensions, and supplementary protection certificates
ABOUT ABA SEARCH
At ABA Search, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We're positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We thrive on deepening our expertise. We're energized by the legal and pharmaceutical industries, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That's what makes us "the name to know in recruitment."
Check out # 35 on the 2019 Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America!
Director, Executive Search
Lauren’s first six years in recruiting started right here at ABA in the 1990s. In the 20+ years since, Lauren has been a staffing specialist at start-ups, an incubator, other staffing agencies, and she has served as the in-house recruiter for large international companies—not to mention running her own small business and raising three amazing children. Lauren’s breadth and depth of experience gives her a unique understanding of both client and candidate needs. To round out her knowledge, she has spent the last three years placing hardware and software engineering staff in the semiconductor industry as a Diversity Recruiter for Intel.
Some of Lauren’s past clients include Oracle, SAP, KPMG, PWC, Ernst and Young, Booz Allen Hamilton, boutique consulting firms, Fortune 500 companies, and start-ups where she placed technical, consulting, and sales staff. Her goal is to create enduring partnerships with candidates and clients alike, built on a rapport of honesty and trust. She has in-depth knowledge of all stages of the hiring/recruitment cycle and is skilled at advising selection criteria and managing job offer/compensation strategy. Most of all, Lauren absolutely loves recruiting because it’s not only challenging, but a great amount of fun too!
Born and raised in the Bay Area, Lauren graduated Summa Cum Laude from Dominican University with a B.S. in Human Resource Management and a minor in Psychology. Now located in Scottsdale, Arizona, she’s thrilled to be back with ABA where it all began to pursue the profession she loves.
Favorite things to do in Scottsdale: Exploring her new city and surrounding areas, hiking, and occasionally jumping on a plane to visit her college-aged daughter in the Northwest.
Favorite Quote: “This is the real secret of life – to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play.” - Alan Watts