IP Alliance and Due Diligence Sr Counsel I
333 Lakeside Dr. Foster City, CA 94404
IP Alliance and Due Diligence Sr Counsel I
Status: Full-Time Employee
Location: San Francisco Peninsula
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
- You will independently conduct and manage patent due diligence investigations, including the management of outside counsel
- You will participate in negotiation of contracts in connection with transactional activities of commercial and/or developmental products
- You will coordinate and liaise with the Alliance Management Team post-deal close and during the term of license and/or collaboration
- You will deliver IP educational presentations to legal staff, researchers, and businesspeople
- Headquartered in the Bay Area, our client is a worldwide biopharmaceutical leader, spanning six contents
- Deeply invested in promoting health for millions worldwide through researching and developing advanced medical technology
- Dedicated to simplifying care internationally for those affected by life-threatening illness
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Our client provides unrivaled benefits, among the top 5% of organizations in the Bay Area
- Excellent bonus structure and stock option plan
- Inspiring company culture and flexible work schedule after a short tenure
- You will be part of the product-attorney group, reporting to the senior attorney
- Exceptional and timely professional opportunity, as our client is currently experiencing significant growth and exponential change
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school and admission before a State bar
- 6+ years of industry or law firm experience, which includes 4+ years in Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical patent prosecution experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related science, registered before the USPTO
- Experience in conducting due diligence investigations, including assessments of Ex-US patent rights
- Deep understanding of pharmaceutical patent practice, including Hatch-Waxman litigation in addition to demonstrating an understanding of regulatory data exclusivities, patent term extensions, and supplementary protection certificates
ABOUT ABA SEARCH
At ABA Search, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We're positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We thrive on deepening our expertise. We're energized by the legal and pharmaceutical industries, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That's what makes us "the name to know in recruitment."
Check out # 35 on the 2019 Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America!
Meet Your Recruiter
Mandy Farmaian, CSC
Mandy helped found ABA in 1986 with Valli Farmaian. With her love of people and innate ability to nurture relationships, she knew the staffing industry was where she wanted to be, and she hasn’t looked back since. In her role as president, Mandy spearheads ABA’s Sales and Recruiting efforts, leading the ABA team in candidate searches and development of ABA’s Technology and Legal divisions. Her extensive network of Bay Area talent and employers as well as her years of expertise in recruiting and professional placement are the key drivers to ABA’s success – earning the company a spot on the Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in the US. She has successfully completed retained and contingency search for attorneys as well as technology executives.
Having established Legal as one of ABA’s core divisions, Mandy returned to ABA after three years working with the Eastridge Group. Under her guidance, these divisions provide staffing solutions to some of the Bay Area’s top technology companies as well as law firms and corporate legal departments.
Mandy earned her BA in political science and French literature from the University of California, Berkeley. After several years of city life in San Francisco, she moved with her family to Hillsborough, CA where she remains active in the community and is a board member of the San Mateo County Health Foundation.
Favorite things to do in the Bay Area: Hiking, movies, and farmers markets (and the occasional tennis game!).
Favorite quote: “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill