Human Resources Supervisor
Palo Alto, CA 94301
Human Resources Supervisor
Status: Full-Time Employee
Location: Palo Alto, California
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
- You will provide support with compliance of current state and federal employment laws, anticipating potential changes and advising stakeholders accordingly
- You will work closely with department heads and supervisors in reviewing employee relations activities and conducting employee counseling sessions
- You will develop and facilitate professional-development training programs for employees
- You will conduct full-cycle recruitment for exempt and non-exempt positions, student internships, temporary and contract employees
- Our client is a global leader with over 1,700 attorneys in 22 offices worldwide, serving customers in every major financial center
- Committed to providing excellent legal support and unrivaled client service in all its work
- Demonstrated pro bono record, with attorneys contributing more than 1.8 million hours over the last 10 years
- Dedicated to the values of diversity and inclusion, with focused goals for recruiting, professional development, attorney retention and advancement, and cross-cultural awareness
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Exceptional professional opportunity in the Human Resources group of a top-tier law firm, with great learning potential from veteran Human Resources Manager
- Our client provides competitive benefits, bonus opportunity, and stock option plan
- Robust in-house training programs, plus tuition reimbursement for work-related and professional-development courses
- Numerous perks including, but not limited to, various discount, mortgage assistance, and commuter programs
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, or related field
- 7+ years of HR experience, including 2+ years of supervisory or leadership experience, affinity for recruiting
- Working knowledge of an integrated HRIS system required, Workday preferred
- Familiarity with applicable state and federal regulations, experience with employee relations and talent management
- Collaborative instinct, resilient nature, exceptional communication skills, and desire for overall excellence
ABOUT ABA SEARCH
At ABA Search, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We're positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We thrive on deepening our expertise. We're energized by the legal industry, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That's what makes us "the name to know in recruitment."
Check out # 35 on the 2019 Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America!
Mandy Farmaian, CSC
Mandy helped found ABA in 1986 with Valli Farmaian. With her love of people and innate ability to nurture relationships, she knew the staffing industry was where she wanted to be, and she hasn’t looked back since. In her role as president, Mandy spearheads ABA’s Sales and Recruiting efforts, leading the ABA team in candidate searches and development of ABA’s Technology and Legal divisions. Her extensive network of Bay Area talent and employers as well as her years of expertise in recruiting and professional placement are the key drivers to ABA’s success – earning the company a spot on the Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in the US. She has successfully completed retained and contingency search for attorneys as well as technology executives.
Having established Legal as one of ABA’s core divisions, Mandy returned to ABA after three years working with the Eastridge Group. Under her guidance, these divisions provide staffing solutions to some of the Bay Area’s top technology companies as well as law firms and corporate legal departments.
Mandy earned her BA in political science and French literature from the University of California, Berkeley. After several years of city life in San Francisco, she moved with her family to Hillsborough, CA where she remains active in the community and is a board member of the San Mateo County Health Foundation.
Favorite things to do in the Bay Area: Hiking, movies, and farmers markets (and the occasional tennis game!).
Favorite quote: “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill