Human Resources Supervisor
525 University Avenue Palo Alto, CA 94301
Human Resources Supervisor
Industry: Law Firm
Status: Direct Hire – Employee
Location: Palo Alto, California 94301
Headquartered in New York, our client is one of the highest-grossing, international law firms. The firm advises global businesses, financial institutions, and government entities on complex, high profile matters so they can compete in the modern business environment. Since 2007, this firm has ranked near the top of the Vault 100 list of “ Most Prestigious Law Firms.”
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
Our client is devoted to your personal and professional development. You will work directly with attorneys and staff and receive mentorship from accomplished individuals. Other bonuses include generous medical coverage, paid time off, and company holidays. Located in the heart of the Bay Area, the firm’ s premier location allows for you to serve in leadership roles throughout the community and engage in a variety of non-profit and professional organizations.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- You will oversee the complex lifecycle of an employee’ s onboarding and performance and partner with the office administrator on short and long-term goals and initiatives
- You will execute on core generalist processes and support the HR Manager with compliance of current state and federal employment laws
- You will plan and implement the annual performance management process, as well as advise during the compensation review process
- You will act as a subject matter expert in developing and implementing innovative and solutions-oriented time-keeping process improvements and audits and reporting
- Law firm or professional services experience a plus
- Team-oriented with excellent communication and customer support skills
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment, working both independently and on a team
- Strong written, verbal, and analytical skills
At ABA, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We’ re positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We love to learn, and we continuously seek new ways to deepen our expertise. We’ re energized by the legal industry, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That' s what makes us “ the name to know in recruitment.”
Legal Recruiter/Operations Manager
Christie joined ABA in 2017 as a Legal Recruiter. She began her career as an Employment Manager at the Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe and most recently spent several years as a Coordinator at Thomson Reuters Expert Witness Services. Christie joined ABA to combine her knowledge of the legal industry with her passion for employment and recruiting. She is very excited to be a part of this team that works closely with both Clients and Candidates to bring together an ideal partnership.
Originally from the Bay Area, Christie received her Bachelor’s degree from Sacramento State University in Organizational Communication with a minor in Human Resources. She spent several years in Truckee, CA and currently lives in Reno, NV with her family.
Favorite things to do in the Reno: Camping at Lake Davis and day trips to Donner Lake with my husband and three children.
Favorite quote: “Being positive won’t guarantee you’ll succeed but being negative will guarantee you won’t.” – Jon Gordon