Director, Vendor Relationship Management
333 Lakeside Dr. Foster City, CA 94404
Director, Vendor Relationship Management
Status: Full-Time Employee
Location: San Francisco Peninsula
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
- You will be responsible for the strategy, planning, oversight, and delivery of the Vendor Relationship Management program and function across the clinical drug development cycle
- You will develop, communicate, and execute a multi-year program strategy and vision to drive operational excellence
- You will articulate and implement a data strategy for the Vendor Relationship Management program globally
- You will lead a team of senior vendor relationship management professionals globally, and develop others by identifying and mentoring high performers through a culture of inclusion and collaboration
COMPANY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Headquartered in the Bay Area, our client is a worldwide biopharmaceutical leader, spanning six continents
- Our client is on mission to simplify international care for those affected by life-threatening illness
- Our client is gaining international attention through the acquisition of leading pharmaceutical companies
- Our client provides unrivaled benefits and stock option plans, among the top 5% of organizations in the Bay Area
- Professionally, you will be in the "right place at the right time" as you join a growing department with significant advancement opportunity
- BA or MS in a relevant discipline, with 10-12 years of relevant experience, MBA preferred, advanced certification (PMP, etc) a plus
- Ideal candidate will have deep expertise in global program design, people management and development, direct vendor oversight and/or alliance management skills in the biotech or pharmaceutical industries
- Strong foundation in clinical-drug development operations, outsourcing, and/or vendor management is critical
- Management experience leading a team of 3 or more
ABOUT ABA SEARCH
At ABA Search, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We're positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We thrive on deepening our expertise. We're passionate about placements and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That's what makes us "the name to know in recruitment."
In 2020, ABA Search was recognized by Forbes to be one of America’s Best Recruiting Firms in both the Professional Search (#37) and Executive Search (#124) categories! ABA Search is one of only 69 top-performing firms in America awarded in both categories!
Meet Your Recruiter
Mandy Farmaian, CSC
Mandy helped found ABA in 1986 with Valli Farmaian. With her love of people and innate ability to nurture relationships, she knew the staffing industry was where she wanted to be, and she hasn’t looked back since. In her role as president, Mandy spearheads ABA’s Sales and Recruiting efforts, leading the ABA team in candidate searches and development of ABA’s Technology and Legal divisions. Her extensive network of Bay Area talent and employers as well as her years of expertise in recruiting and professional placement are the key drivers to ABA’s success – earning the company a spot on the Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in the US. She has successfully completed retained and contingency search for attorneys as well as technology executives.
Having established Legal as one of ABA’s core divisions, Mandy returned to ABA after three years working with the Eastridge Group. Under her guidance, these divisions provide staffing solutions to some of the Bay Area’s top technology companies as well as law firms and corporate legal departments.
Mandy earned her BA in political science and French literature from the University of California, Berkeley. After several years of city life in San Francisco, she moved with her family to Hillsborough, CA where she remains active in the community and is a board member of the San Mateo County Health Foundation.
Favorite things to do in the Bay Area: Hiking, movies, and farmers markets (and the occasional tennis game!).
Favorite quote: “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill