Director, Protein Sciences
333 Lakeside Dr. Foster City, CA 94404
Director, Protein Sciences
Status: Full-Time Employee
Location: San Francisco Peninsula
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
- You lead a cross-functional team to develop and execute recombinant protein expression, purification and characterization strategies
- You will oversee any outsourcing activity of screening CRO’s, protocol transfer, production outsourcing and quality validation
- You will collaborate closely with enzymology, high throughput discovery, crystallography structure, mass spectrometry and bioinformatics teams to assist in drug discovery projects
- You will manage up to seven direct reports
COMPANY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Headquartered in the Bay Area, our client is a worldwide biopharmaceutical leader, spanning six continents
- Our client is on mission to simplify care for those affected by life-threatening illness
- Our client is gaining international attention through the acquisition of leading pharmaceutical companies
- Our client provides unrivaled benefits and stock option plans, among the top 5% of organizations in the Bay Area
- Ph.D. required, with at least 8 years of relevant experience research at a pharmaceutical or biotech company
- Requires demonstrated experience in recombinant protein expression in E. coli, insect cell or mammalian expression systems
- Strong leadership, managerial experience, and impeccable communication skills are critical for consideration
ABOUT ABA SEARCH
At ABA Search, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We're positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We thrive on deepening our expertise. We're passionate about placements and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That's what makes us "the name to know in recruitment."
In 2020, ABA Search was recognized by Forbes to be one of America’s Best Recruiting Firms in both the Professional Search (#37) and Executive Search (#124) categories! ABA Search is one of only 69 top-performing firms in America awarded in both categories!
Meet Your Recruiter
Director - Legal
Josh joined ABA in 2019 as a legal recruiter after relocating to the Bay Area from the East Coast. He worked as a legal recruiter for close to a decade in New York City focusing on lateral placements at international law firms with a special focus on Asia markets and practices. He holds a B.A. in Communications from Fordham University. He enjoys the excitement and challenges of getting to know and understand the personality and long-term goals of his clients in order to help them find success and professional fulfillment.
In another lifetime Josh was a professional musician who toured throughout the country, wrote jingles for commercials and started an independent concert promotion company. He lives outside San Francisco with his wife and daughter.
Favorite Things to Do in the Bay Area: Camping, hiking, and exploring new restaurants