Director, Intellectual Property - Remote
6154 Nancy Ridge Dr. San Diego, CA 92121
Intellectual Property Director
Status: Full-Time Employee
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- Partner with the VP of IP and other key internal stakeholders to guide global strategy for the company’s growing IP portfolio.
- Draft and prosecute patents globally.
- Manage patentability and freedom-to-operate analyses.
- Develop country-specific strategies for patent and regulatory frameworks.
- Identify new opportunities for expanding IP coverage and assist with ANDA litigation and other IP disputes.
- Manage the procurement and enforcement of trademarks, and assist with commercial launch of new drugs.
COMPANY PROFILE AND BENEFITS:
- Be a part of a growing company and fantastic team passionate about developing novel drug therapies to improve people’s lives
- Opportunities to learn and contribute to creative solutions
- Highly competitive compensation package including long-term incentives
- Comprehensive health insurance (highly subsidized cost sharing on all medical plans)
- Generous matching 401k retirement plan
- Flexible time off policy and holidays including two company-wide shut-down periods each year
- Multi-cultural work environment
- Company celebrations
- Graduate degree (Ph.D preferred) in molecular biology, biochemistry, or another biology-related field.
- J.D. with admission to at least one state bar, and registration to practice before the USPTO.
- 5+ years of in-house and/or law firm experience related to pharmaceutical patents.
- Ability to oversee complex legal matters and respond to urgent matters with timely, practical, and clear solutions.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to inspire and influence at all levels.
ABOUT ABA SEARCH
At ABA Search, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We're positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We thrive on deepening our expertise. We're energized by the life science and pharmaceutical industries, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That's what makes us "the name to know in recruitment."
Check out the 2020 Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America! This was ABA’s 4th year in a row on this list and our 2nd year on the Best Executive Search Firms in America.
Meet Your Recruiter
Director - Legal
Josh joined ABA in 2019 as a legal recruiter after relocating to the Bay Area from the East Coast. He worked as a legal recruiter for close to a decade in New York City focusing on lateral placements at international law firms with a special focus on Asia markets and practices. He holds a B.A. in Communications from Fordham University. He enjoys the excitement and challenges of getting to know and understand the personality and long-term goals of his clients in order to help them find success and professional fulfillment.
In another lifetime Josh was a professional musician who toured throughout the country, wrote jingles for commercials and started an independent concert promotion company. He lives outside San Francisco with his wife and daughter.
Favorite Things to Do in the Bay Area: Camping, hiking, and exploring new restaurants