Director, Business Development
400 Concar Drive San Mateo, CA 94402 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
ABA Search is looking for an energetic, ambitious Business Development Director to join our growing South San Francisco Bay Area team. The successful candidate will be proactive, team-oriented, and motivated with an excellent work ethic.
Established in San Francisco in 1986, ABA Search is a boutique search firm specializing in niche placements within the life science and legal industries.
There is a high potential for career growth and income within our company. We are at the right place at the right time.
The ideal candidate should love the challenges of building and reinventing a business and thriving in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
Fluid Job Function(s):
- Identify, target, and penetrate life science and legal industries
- Grow and support current ABA clients
- New client development and contract negotiations
- Provide an exemplary experience for every candidate and client from initial outreach to post offer and everything in the middle
- Work with internal and external teams to deliver unsurpassed client and candidate satisfaction
- Attend industry training functions and conferences
- Participate in collaborative business meetings to improve tools, processes, and operations
- 5-6 years of sales and recruiting in a fast-paced environment
- Positive Mental Attitude: “No task too big, or too small, with can do attitude”
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, startup sales environment
- Excellent communication, responsiveness, and flexibility
- A driven, curious mind with an attention to detail
- A great sense of humor
- Excellent work ethic
- Bachelor’s Degree
We offer a competitive base salary plus the ability to earn uncapped commissions. We also provide terrific career progression, extensive training from both internal and external resources, and incentive bonuses.
ABOUT ABA: At ABA, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We’re positive, innovative thinkers who use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We love to learn, and we continuously seek new ways to deepen our expertise. We’re energized by the legal and life science industries, passionate about placement, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That’s what makes us “the name to know in recruitment.”
Meet Your Recruiter
Mandy Farmaian, CSC
Mandy helped found ABA in 1986 with Valli Farmaian. With her love of people and innate ability to nurture relationships, she knew the staffing industry was where she wanted to be, and she hasn’t looked back since. In her role as president, Mandy spearheads ABA’s Sales and Recruiting efforts, leading the ABA team in candidate searches and development of ABA’s Life Sciences, Technology, and Legal divisions. Her extensive network of Bay Area talent and employers as well as her years of expertise in recruiting and professional placement are the key drivers to ABA’s success – earning the company a spot on the Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in the US. She has successfully completed retained and contingency search for attorneys as well as technology executives.
Having established Legal as one of ABA’s core divisions, Mandy returned to ABA after three years working with the Eastridge Group. Under her guidance, these divisions provide staffing solutions to some of the Bay Area’s top technology companies as well as law firms and corporate legal departments.
Mandy earned her BA in political science and French literature from the University of California, Berkeley. After several years of city life in San Francisco, she moved with her family to Hillsborough, CA where she remains active in the community and is a board member of the San Mateo County Health Foundation.
Favorite things to do in the Bay Area: Hiking, movies, and farmers markets (and the occasional tennis game!).
Favorite quote: “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill