Director, In-House Counsel, Manufacturing, & Procurement
4353 North First Street San Jose, CA 94088 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Location: San Jose
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
- Key attorney advising on Engineering, Procurement & Supply Chain, and Manufacturing issues.
- Manage supply-side legal operations and processes including the structure, drafting, and direct negotiation of agreements with external partners and vendors.
- Counsel internal business clients on regulatory, supply, and IP issues across the manufacturing cycle.
- Formulate and implement process-oriented improvements, address pre-litigation legal disputes, and handle legal issues with existing commercial relationships.
- Headquartered in the Bay Area
- Our client is an energy company transforming the way power is generated and distributed
- Their mission is to provide clean, reliable, and affordable energy globally
- This company's platform reduces energy costs and greenhouse gas emissions
- Degree in Law (JD / LLB) from an accredited law school.
- Member in good standing of at least one state or provincial bar association.
- 10+ years of legal experience as commercial transactions, experience in a technology company is a plus.
- Global procurement and manufacturing legal experience.
ABOUT ABA SEARCH
At ABA Search, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We're positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We thrive on deepening our expertise. We're energized by the legal, life science, and pharmaceutical industries, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That's what makes us "the name to know in recruitment."
Meet Your Recruiter
Director, Executive Recruiter - Life Sciences and Legal
Josh joined ABA in 2019 as a legal recruiter after relocating to the Bay Area from the East Coast. He worked as a legal recruiter for close to a decade in New York City focusing on lateral placements at international law firms with a special focus on Asia markets and practices. He holds a B.A. in Communications from Fordham University. He enjoys the excitement and challenges of getting to know and understand the personality and long-term goals of his clients in order to help them find success and professional fulfillment.
In another lifetime Josh was a professional musician who toured throughout the country, wrote jingles for commercials and started an independent concert promotion company. He lives outside San Francisco with his wife and daughter.
Favorite Things to Do in the Bay Area: Camping, hiking, and exploring new restaurants