Data Scientist, Computational Biology
1300 West Traverse Parkway Lehi, CA 84043
Data Scientist, Computational Biology
Industry: Technology Company
Status: Full Time Employee
Location: Lehi, Utah
- Our client is a progressive technology company built by individuals with a problem-solving mentality
- This is a globally growing company that promotes an impactful influence through employees and toward clients
- Our client has a premier location in San Francisco with gorgeous views of the Bay Bridge
THE EXTRAS- WHY CONSIDER
- Competitive pay and targeted bonuses
- Comprehensive retirement plans
- Team building outings and happy hours
- Gym reimbursement, catered lunches, and transit/parking expenses
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- This is an opportunity to develop machine learning methods
- You will have the chance to design novel approaches to interpret and find population structures
- You will be responsible for analyzing the movements and characteristics of populations through time using network analysis and the integration of multiple metadata sources
- Proficient in Python, C++, Java, and/or R
- Bachelor’ s degree with a PhD or Master’ s in computer/data science
- Exposure to cloud-based environment with big-data tools
- Working knowledge of managing and analyzing data from large annotated networks
ABOUT ABA SEARCH:
At ABA Search, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We’ re positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We love to learn, and we continuously seek new ways to deepen our expertise. We’ re energized by the legal industry, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That' s what makes us “ the name to know in recruitment.”
For the past 2 years, ABA has been ranked as one of the Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America
Director, Executive Search
Lauren’s first six years in recruiting started right here at ABA in the 1990s. In the 20+ years since, Lauren has been a staffing specialist at start-ups, an incubator, other staffing agencies, and she has served as the in-house recruiter for large international companies—not to mention running her own small business and raising three amazing children. Lauren’s breadth and depth of experience gives her a unique understanding of both client and candidate needs. To round out her knowledge, she has spent the last three years placing hardware and software engineering staff in the semiconductor industry as a Diversity Recruiter for Intel.
Some of Lauren’s past clients include Oracle, SAP, KPMG, PWC, Ernst and Young, Booz Allen Hamilton, boutique consulting firms, Fortune 500 companies, and start-ups where she placed technical, consulting, and sales staff. Her goal is to create enduring partnerships with candidates and clients alike, built on a rapport of honesty and trust. She has in-depth knowledge of all stages of the hiring/recruitment cycle and is skilled at advising selection criteria and managing job offer/compensation strategy. Most of all, Lauren absolutely loves recruiting because it’s not only challenging, but a great amount of fun too!
Born and raised in the Bay Area, Lauren graduated Summa Cum Laude from Dominican University with a B.S. in Human Resource Management and a minor in Psychology. Now located in Scottsdale, Arizona, she’s thrilled to be back with ABA where it all began to pursue the profession she loves.
Favorite things to do in Scottsdale: Exploring her new city and surrounding areas, hiking, and occasionally jumping on a plane to visit her college-aged daughter in the Northwest.
Favorite Quote: “This is the real secret of life – to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play.” - Alan Watts