1 Franklin Pkwy San Mateo, CA 94403 US
Attorney, Commercial Transactions
Status: Full-Time Employee
Location: San Mateo, CA
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
- Negotiate and draft both complex and simple agreements including EULAS and website TOUs and contracts on a variety of matters.
- Counsel a wide array of business units and Company executives on contract issues and legal risks, and craft viable solutions to complex legal issues.
- Research laws and regulations applicable to the Company and advise on appropriate legal action.
- Partner with business units to complete project goals while protecting the Company’s interest and mitigating legal risks.
- Advise business units on contract compliance, usage rights, and intellectual property issues.
COMPANY PROFILE AND BENEFITS
- Our client is passionate about providing practical and relevant investment advice to their clients, and has over 70 years of experience in doing so.
- Worldwide company that has a strong passion for diversity and inclusion, and has a goal to help their employees thrive.
- You will be part of a reputable and stable company.
- Exceptional compensation and benefits package including 3 weeks paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance and 401(k) plan with 75% company match.
- J.D. and licensed to practice law in California.
- 2-4 years’ experience at a law firm or major in-house legal department.
- Knowledge of intellectual property laws, UCC and internal privacy and related laws as relevant to the financial services industry.
- Experience drafting contract templates, EULAs and website TOUs.
- Knowledge of Coupa or other contract management software.
- Familiarity with SaaS and on-premises software licensing issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high degree of attention to detail with the ability to multitask and prioritize.
ABOUT ABA SEARCH
At ABA Search, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We're positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We thrive on deepening our expertise. We're energized by the life science and pharmaceutical industries, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That's what makes us "the name to know in recruitment."
Meet Your Recruiter
Mandy Farmaian, CSC
Mandy helped found ABA in 1986 with Valli Farmaian. With her love of people and innate ability to nurture relationships, she knew the staffing industry was where she wanted to be, and she hasn’t looked back since. In her role as president, Mandy spearheads ABA’s Sales and Recruiting efforts, leading the ABA team in candidate searches and development of ABA’s Life Sciences, Technology, and Legal divisions. Her extensive network of Bay Area talent and employers as well as her years of expertise in recruiting and professional placement are the key drivers to ABA’s success – earning the company a spot on the Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in the US. She has successfully completed retained and contingency search for attorneys as well as technology executives.
Having established Legal as one of ABA’s core divisions, Mandy returned to ABA after three years working with the Eastridge Group. Under her guidance, these divisions provide staffing solutions to some of the Bay Area’s top technology companies as well as law firms and corporate legal departments.
Mandy earned her BA in political science and French literature from the University of California, Berkeley. After several years of city life in San Francisco, she moved with her family to Hillsborough, CA where she remains active in the community and is a board member of the San Mateo County Health Foundation.
Favorite things to do in the Bay Area: Hiking, movies, and farmers markets (and the occasional tennis game!).
Favorite quote: “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill