Counsel - Health
153 Townsend St. Suite 800 San Francisco, CA 94107
Industry: Law Firm
Status: Direct Hire – Employee
Location: San Francisco, California 94107
Our client is a globally recognized private tech-health company with eight global offices and over 1,500 employees worldwide. Privately held, the company’s annual valuation is between $1-2 billion per year. The leader in their field with over 2 million subscribers, our client aims to provide their customers with a greater sense of identity and belonging in the world.
You will be a part of a company whose sole focus revolves around human understanding and knowledge. This will be the second health counsel hire within a small team. This can be an opportunity to take your career to the next level and help grow a team.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
You will be a part of a company that has eight global offices and over 1,500 employees around the world. They offer competitive pay, comprehensive retirement plans, and medical, dental, and vision coverage. In addition to these benefits, our client provides a host of day-to-day perks to improve employee experience, including onsite fitness classes, external speakers, and subsidized transit.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- You will be responsible for drafting and negotiating commercial transactions relating to the business, including marketing agreements, supply agreements, lab agreements, and non-disclosure agreements, among others
- You will advise on applicable regulatory frameworks as they pertain to the business, including issues arising out of FDA, HIPAA, GINA, and MHRA rules and regulations
- You will aid in review, drafting, and implementation of company policies and procedures reflecting best practices
- You will communicate legal concepts and risks to business leaders, as well as stay up-to-date on laws and regulations, as they relate to the business
- Juris Doctor degree and 5+ years of relevant commercial and regulatory experience, with life sciences experience preferred
- Ability to organize and manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders and groups
- Exceptional written, verbal, and analytical skills
- Excellent problem-solver with great attention to detail who thrives in a team environment
At ABA, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We’re positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We love to learn, and we continuously seek new ways to deepen our expertise. We’re energized by the legal industry, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That's what makes us “the name to know in recruitment.”
Director, Executive Search
Lauren’s first six years in recruiting started right here at ABA in the 1990s. In the 20+ years since, Lauren has been a staffing specialist at start-ups, an incubator, other staffing agencies, and she has served as the in-house recruiter for large international companies—not to mention running her own small business and raising three amazing children. Lauren’s breadth and depth of experience gives her a unique understanding of both client and candidate needs. To round out her knowledge, she has spent the last three years placing hardware and software engineering staff in the semiconductor industry as a Diversity Recruiter for Intel.
Some of Lauren’s past clients include Oracle, SAP, KPMG, PWC, Ernst and Young, Booz Allen Hamilton, boutique consulting firms, Fortune 500 companies, and start-ups where she placed technical, consulting, and sales staff. Her goal is to create enduring partnerships with candidates and clients alike, built on a rapport of honesty and trust. She has in-depth knowledge of all stages of the hiring/recruitment cycle and is skilled at advising selection criteria and managing job offer/compensation strategy. Most of all, Lauren absolutely loves recruiting because it’s not only challenging, but a great amount of fun too!
Born and raised in the Bay Area, Lauren graduated Summa Cum Laude from Dominican University with a B.S. in Human Resource Management and a minor in Psychology. Now located in Scottsdale, Arizona, she’s thrilled to be back with ABA where it all began to pursue the profession she loves.
Favorite things to do in Scottsdale: Exploring her new city and surrounding areas, hiking, and occasionally jumping on a plane to visit her college-aged daughter in the Northwest.
Favorite Quote: “This is the real secret of life – to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play.” - Alan Watts