153 Townsend St. Suite 800 San Francisco, CA 94107
Our client is a reputable for-profit genealogy company, operating a host of genealogical and historical record websites. Utilizing an extensive record of family trees, historical records, and DNA, our client helps people uncover a deeper understanding of their family history and who they are. With over 2 million subscribers, our client aims to bring customers discover a greater sense of identity and belonging in the world.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
You will be a part of a company that has eight global offices and over 1, 500 employees around the world. They offer competitive pay, comprehensive retirement plans, and medical, dental, and vision coverage. In addition to these benefits, our client provides a host of day-to-day perks to improve employee experience, including onsite fitness classes, external speakers, and subsidized transit.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- You will be responsible for drafting and negotiating equity and debt financing documents, as well as acquisitions, joint ventures, divestitures, and other corporate transactions
- You will provide general corporate advice, negotiate in-licenses and other commercial contracts, and support board processes
- You will aid in the implementation of risk management processes, corporate governance initiatives, and support an international corporate structure
- You will counsel an array of business units and executives on contract issues and legal risks, while providing viable solutions to complex legal problems
- Juris Doctor degree and 5+ years of relevant corporate transactional or securities experience preferred
- Ability to organize and manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders and groups
- Exceptional written, verbal, and analytical skills
- Excellent problem-solver with great attention to detail who thrives in a team environment
At ABA, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We’ re positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We love to learn, and we continuously seek new ways to deepen our expertise. We’ re energized by the legal industry, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That' s what makes us “ the name to know in recruitment.”
Mandy helped found ABA in 1986 with Valli Farmaian. With her love of people and innate ability to nurture relationships, she knew the staffing industry was where she wanted to be, and she hasn’t looked back since. In her role as president, Mandy spearheads ABA’s Sales and Recruiting efforts, leading the ABA team in candidate searches and development of ABA’s Technology and Legal divisions. Her extensive network of Bay Area talent and employers as well as her years of expertise in recruiting and professional placement are the key drivers to ABA’s success – earning the company a spot on the Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in the US. She has successfully completed retained and contingency search for attorneys as well as technology executives.
Having established Legal as one of ABA’s core divisions, Mandy returned to ABA after three years working with the Eastridge Group. Under her guidance, these divisions provide staffing solutions to some of the Bay Area’s top technology companies as well as law firms and corporate legal departments.
Mandy earned her BA in political science and French literature from the University of California, Berkeley. After several years of city life in San Francisco, she moved with her family to Hillsborough, CA where she remains active in the community and is a board member of the San Mateo County Health Foundation.
Favorite things to do in the Bay Area: Hiking, movies, and farmers markets (and the occasional tennis game!).
Favorite quote: “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill