Corporate Counsel - Temporary
One Technology Drive Milpitas, CA 95035
Title: CORPORATE COUNSEL, COMMERCIAL TRANSACTIONS
Status: Temporary Employee
Headquartered in the Bay Area, our client is a leading global supplier of process control and yield management solutions in the semiconductor and nanoelectronic industries. They boast a comprehensive portfolio that helps their clients streamline innovative devices to market. In addition to a host of products, our client offers support services to help customers actualize needed productivity and performance.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
You will be a part of a company that spans three contents, employs nearly 7, 000 people, and generates over $3.5 billion in revenue. The company will offer you the opportunity to participate in the Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401(k) plan with a matching contribution, and their Commuter Assistance program.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- You will review, draft, and negotiate procurement contracts, sales and service agreements, and non-disclosure agreements, while ensuring documents align with company policies
- You will be working closely with business clients to provide guidance on legal issues and risk, policies and procedures, and approval processes
- You will effectively communicate legal concepts to business clients and support continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes
- You will draft correspondence and other legal documents, as well as prepare deeds, asset spreadsheets, and probate pleadings
- Juris Doctor degree and 2+ years of experience in a law firm or in-house legal department
- 2+ years of commercial transactions experience, preferably in the technology or semiconductor industry
- Strong customer service skills and confidence in abilities to offer quality assistance
- Exceptional written, verbal, and analytical skills
- Excellent problem-solver with great attention to detail who thrives in a team environment
At ABA, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We’ re positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We love to learn, and we continuously seek new ways to deepen our expertise. We’ re energized by the legal industry, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That' s what makes us “ the name to know in recruitment.”
Mandy helped found ABA in 1986 with Valli Farmaian. With her love of people and innate ability to nurture relationships, she knew the staffing industry was where she wanted to be, and she hasn’t looked back since. In her role as president, Mandy spearheads ABA’s Sales and Recruiting efforts, leading the ABA team in candidate searches and development of ABA’s Technology and Legal divisions. Her extensive network of Bay Area talent and employers as well as her years of expertise in recruiting and professional placement are the key drivers to ABA’s success – earning the company a spot on the Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in the US. She has successfully completed retained and contingency search for attorneys as well as technology executives.
Having established Legal as one of ABA’s core divisions, Mandy returned to ABA after three years working with the Eastridge Group. Under her guidance, these divisions provide staffing solutions to some of the Bay Area’s top technology companies as well as law firms and corporate legal departments.
Mandy earned her BA in political science and French literature from the University of California, Berkeley. After several years of city life in San Francisco, she moved with her family to Hillsborough, CA where she remains active in the community and is a board member of the San Mateo County Health Foundation.
Favorite things to do in the Bay Area: Hiking, movies, and farmers markets (and the occasional tennis game!).
Favorite quote: “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill