Corporate Attorney, Securities and Corporate Governance
11099 N Torrey Pines Rd, Ste 100 La Jolla, CA 92037
Corporate Counsel, Securities and Corporate Governance
Status: Full-Time Employee
Location: San Diego
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- You will report directly to the GC while providing counsel on the company’s compliance with securities laws and NASDAQ rules, including filing all periodic SEC 1934 filings.
- You will review and prepare SEC filings including 10-K, 10-Qs, Proxy Statements, 8-Ks, and Section 16 reporting.
- You will maintain and manage the company’s corporate governance and corporate secretary matters.
- You will assist on executive and director compensation matters and serve as a member of a global legal team as a generalist, providing legal support to the business in a variety of practice areas.
COMPANY PROFILE AND BENEFITS:
- Be a part of a growing company and fantastic team passionate about eradicating serious illness due to skin cancer, and developing new diagnostic tests for the early detection of other skin disorders.
- Opportunities to learn and contribute to creative solutions.
- Highly competitive compensation package including long-term incentives and a substantial stock and equity package.
- Flexible hybrid schedule.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience, including corporate governance work at a law firm.
- Extensive knowledge of corporate governance laws and requirements, the Securities Exchange Acts of 1933 and 1934, and NASDAQ rules and regulations.
- Exceptional business judgment.
ABOUT ABA SEARCH
At ABA Search, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We're positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We thrive on deepening our expertise. We're energized by the life science and pharmaceutical industries, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That's what makes us "the name to know in recruitment."
Meet Your Recruiter
Director, Executive Recruiter - Life Sciences and Legal
Josh joined ABA in 2019 as a legal recruiter after relocating to the Bay Area from the East Coast. He worked as a legal recruiter for close to a decade in New York City focusing on lateral placements at international law firms with a special focus on Asia markets and practices. He holds a B.A. in Communications from Fordham University. He enjoys the excitement and challenges of getting to know and understand the personality and long-term goals of his clients in order to help them find success and professional fulfillment.
In another lifetime Josh was a professional musician who toured throughout the country, wrote jingles for commercials and started an independent concert promotion company. He lives outside San Francisco with his wife and daughter.
Favorite Things to Do in the Bay Area: Camping, hiking, and exploring new restaurants