11099 N Torrey Pines Rd, Ste 100 La Jolla, CA 92037
Status: Full-Time Employee
Location: San Diego
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- You will provide legal and business advice for issues and risks related to contracts involving external partners, vendors and clients.
- You will review, draft, negotiate and execute contracts, ensuring compliance with applicable regulations and company policies.
- You will partner with and advise colleagues and other cross-functional stakeholders, including marketing, clinical, finance, compliance, and commercial teams, on legal matters.
- You will support the management team with corporate transactions.
- You will partner with the GC providing counsel on business opportunities, product developments, as well as IP and licensing matters.
COMPANY PROFILE AND BENEFITS:
- Be a part of a growing company and fantastic team passionate about eradicating serious illness due to skin cancer, and developing new diagnostic tests for the early detection of other skin disorders.
- Opportunities to learn and contribute to creative solutions.
- Highly competitive compensation package including long-term incentives and a substantial stock and equity package.
- Flexible hybrid schedule.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in-house at a pharmaceutical/biotech company.
- Experience with agreements for a commercial-stage company required.
- Contracting background with specific experience in healthcare compliance a plus.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills needed, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
ABOUT ABA SEARCH
At ABA Search, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We're positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We thrive on deepening our expertise. We're energized by the life science and pharmaceutical industries, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That's what makes us "the name to know in recruitment."
Check out the 2020 Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America! This was ABA’s 4th year in a row on this list and our 2nd year on the Best Executive Search Firms in America.
Meet Your Recruiter
Director, Executive Recruiter - Life Sciences and Legal
Josh joined ABA in 2019 as a legal recruiter after relocating to the Bay Area from the East Coast. He worked as a legal recruiter for close to a decade in New York City focusing on lateral placements at international law firms with a special focus on Asia markets and practices. He holds a B.A. in Communications from Fordham University. He enjoys the excitement and challenges of getting to know and understand the personality and long-term goals of his clients in order to help them find success and professional fulfillment.
In another lifetime Josh was a professional musician who toured throughout the country, wrote jingles for commercials and started an independent concert promotion company. He lives outside San Francisco with his wife and daughter.
Favorite Things to Do in the Bay Area: Camping, hiking, and exploring new restaurants