Business Conduct Director
333 Lakeside Dr. Foster City, CA 94404
Director, Business Conduct Support for Medical Affairs
Status: Full-Time Employee
Location: San Francisco Peninsula
- Headquartered in the Bay Area
- Worldwide biopharmaceutical leader, spanning six contents
- Deeply invested in researching and developing advanced medical technology
- Intent on simplifying international care for those affected by life-threatening illness
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Unrivaled benefits and stock option plans, among the top 5% of organizations in the Bay Area
- Fast-paced intellectual environment, committed to improving the lives of people all over the world
- Strategic, impactful role, triaging among key lead groups
- Exceptional and timely professional opportunity, as the company is currently experiencing significant growth and exponential change
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
- Provide legal, compliance, and business-conduct support to Medical Affairs on an international scale and in various therapeutic areas
- Lead and coordinate projects and initiatives, offering guidance on the process and risks that pertain to the Medical Affairs group, and to patient-centric and digital initiatives
- Communicate and work with Medical Affairs and the Business Conduct and Legal group, ensuring compliance with healthcare laws and regulations globally
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing the communication and execution of compliance, business conduct, and legal, among groups in reputable life-science organizations
- Over ten years of experience both in a law firm and in-house providing counsel on laws pertaining to drugs and health
- Experience and know-how related to the Anti-Kickback Statute, the Foreign Corrupt Act, and all other regulations affecting pharmaceutical products
- Exceptional communication skills, with ability to passionately lead, support, and teach regulation laws and process for drugs and pharma
ABOUT ABA SEARCH
At ABA Search, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We're positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We love to learn. We thrive on deepening our expertise. With integrity and enthusiasm, we support the legal and pharmaceutical industries. We are committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That's what makes us "the name to know in recruitment."
Mandy helped found ABA in 1986 with Valli Farmaian. With her love of people and innate ability to nurture relationships, she knew the staffing industry was where she wanted to be, and she hasn’t looked back since. In her role as president, Mandy spearheads ABA’s Sales and Recruiting efforts, leading the ABA team in candidate searches and development of ABA’s Technology and Legal divisions. Her extensive network of Bay Area talent and employers as well as her years of expertise in recruiting and professional placement are the key drivers to ABA’s success – earning the company a spot on the Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in the US. She has successfully completed retained and contingency search for attorneys as well as technology executives.
Having established Legal as one of ABA’s core divisions, Mandy returned to ABA after three years working with the Eastridge Group. Under her guidance, these divisions provide staffing solutions to some of the Bay Area’s top technology companies as well as law firms and corporate legal departments.
Mandy earned her BA in political science and French literature from the University of California, Berkeley. After several years of city life in San Francisco, she moved with her family to Hillsborough, CA where she remains active in the community and is a board member of the San Mateo County Health Foundation.
Favorite things to do in the Bay Area: Hiking, movies, and farmers markets (and the occasional tennis game!).
Favorite quote: “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill