2 Tower Place, 5th Floor, South San Francisco, CA 94080
Status: Full-Time Employee
Location: San Francisco Bay Area/Remote
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
- You will maintain and extend existing pipelines for processing mass spectrometry data
- You will interface with R&D colleagues to improve current workflow.
- You will apply your skills in bioinformatic analysis to large glycoproteomic datasets
- You will program in Python and assess data pipelines for general scientific use
- You will work closely with the development team to implement new internal software suites
COMPANY PROFILE AND BENEFITS
- You will be part of a company startup operating in a very promising greenfield of scientific inquiry
- You will be invited to use your entrepreneurial spirit to push on the forefront of technology to reduce the time it takes to diagnose cancer
- You will work alongside people who have a genuine desire to impact patient lives and contribute to the greater scientific community
- You will have abundant opportunity to grow as a leader and be welcomed with a competitive compensation and benefits package, plus bonus structure and stock options
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field such as Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Computer Science
- 2+ years experience managing biological data in industry or academia
- Extensive experience in the Python programming language
- Familiarity with database technologies in the context of cloud computing environments such as Google Cloud and AWS
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience analyzing mass spectrometry data or demonstrated expertise in scientific research
- Familiarity with R programming, shell scripting, and version control would also be useful
ABOUT ABA SEARCH
At ABA Search, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We're positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We thrive on deepening our expertise. We're passionate about placements and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That's what makes us "the name to know in recruitment."
In 2020, ABA Search was recognized by Forbes to be one of America’s Best Recruiting Firms in both the Professional Search (#37) and Executive Search (#124) categories! ABA Search is one of only 69 top-performing firms in America awarded in both categories! For the past 2 years, ABA has been ranked as one of the Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America.
Meet Your Recruiter
Executive Recruiter - Legal
Josh joined ABA in 2019 as a legal recruiter after relocating to the Bay Area from the East Coast. He worked as a legal recruiter for close to a decade in New York City focusing on lateral placements at international law firms with a special focus on Asia markets and practices. He holds a B.A. in Communications from Fordham University. He enjoys the excitement and challenges of getting to know and understand the personality and long-term goals of his clients in order to help them find success and professional fulfillment.
In another lifetime Josh was a professional musician who toured throughout the country, wrote jingles for commercials and started an independent concert promotion company. He lives outside San Francisco with his wife and daughter.
Favorite Things to Do in the Bay Area: Camping, hiking, and exploring new restaurants