153 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107
Industry: Genomic Health
Status: Direct Hire – Employee
Location: San Francisco, CA
Our client is a globally recognized private tech-health company with eight global offices and over 1, 500 employees worldwide. Privately held, the company’ s annual valuation is between $1-2 billion per year. The leader in their field with over 15 million customers, our client aims to provide their customers with a greater sense of understanding of self and solutions and methods to improve their health.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
You will be a part of a company whose sole focus revolves around human understanding and knowledge. They offer competitive pay, comprehensive retirement plans, and medical, dental, and vision coverage. In addition to these benefits, our client provides a host of day-to-day perks to improve employee experience, including onsite fitness classes, external speakers, and subsidized transit in some locations.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- Be an essential part of a team consisting of population geneticists, genetic counselors, communication specialists, epidemiologists, laboratory scientists and product development specialists as a behavioral subject expert
- Utilize understand of behavioral science to help drive engagement toward health products
- Provide insight and guidance on behavior change related to products and content.
- Promote behavioral science methods broadly with the company
- Simplify and introduce behavioral methods into a structure that can help bring behavioral science to scale
- Create content comprising of product material, digital content, presentations, training material, topic briefs, and internal communications
- Develop products for digital environments
- Design, conduct and analyze experiments to design impactful product strategies
- Improve effectiveness of existing products and identify new opportunities
- Retain and develop relationships with key internal stakeholders and external partners during product development
- Build upon existing network of advocates in the behavior modification, social science, public health, and genetics field
- PhD or MS in social psychology, behavioral economics, behavioral marketing, public health or related academic discipline
- 3+ years of industry experience with a graduate degree or 5+ years with BS/BA
- Experience with genetics a plus
- Up-to-date knowledge of the behavioral change field with an understanding of new techniques related to behavior modification
- Director experience working to help individuals improve their health and wellness a plus
- Demonstrated success in behavioral change management through diverse communication channels
- Experience implementing digital programs
- Demonstrated team player as well as ability to work independently
- Great written, in-person, written and presentation skills in scientific and non-scientific settings
At ABA, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We’ re positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We love to learn, and we continuously seek new ways to deepen our expertise. We’ re energized by the legal industry, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That' s what makes us “ the name to know in recruitment.”
Director, Executive Search
Lauren’s first six years in recruiting started right here at ABA in the 1990s. In the 20+ years since, Lauren has been a staffing specialist at start-ups, an incubator, other staffing agencies, and she has served as the in-house recruiter for large international companies—not to mention running her own small business and raising three amazing children. Lauren’s breadth and depth of experience gives her a unique understanding of both client and candidate needs. To round out her knowledge, she has spent the last three years placing hardware and software engineering staff in the semiconductor industry as a Diversity Recruiter for Intel.
Some of Lauren’s past clients include Oracle, SAP, KPMG, PWC, Ernst and Young, Booz Allen Hamilton, boutique consulting firms, Fortune 500 companies, and start-ups where she placed technical, consulting, and sales staff. Her goal is to create enduring partnerships with candidates and clients alike, built on a rapport of honesty and trust. She has in-depth knowledge of all stages of the hiring/recruitment cycle and is skilled at advising selection criteria and managing job offer/compensation strategy. Most of all, Lauren absolutely loves recruiting because it’s not only challenging, but a great amount of fun too!
Born and raised in the Bay Area, Lauren graduated Summa Cum Laude from Dominican University with a B.S. in Human Resource Management and a minor in Psychology. Now located in Scottsdale, Arizona, she’s thrilled to be back with ABA where it all began to pursue the profession she loves.
Favorite things to do in Scottsdale: Exploring her new city and surrounding areas, hiking, and occasionally jumping on a plane to visit her college-aged daughter in the Northwest.
Favorite Quote: “This is the real secret of life – to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play.” - Alan Watts