Attorney - Securities Transactions
1 Franklin Pkwy San Mateo, CA 94403 US
In-House Counsel, Securities Transactions
Status: Full-Time Employee
Location: San Mateo, CA; Washington, DC; NYC, NY; Stamford, CT: Fort Lauderdale, FL; Los Angeles, CA
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- Review and negotiate investment-related documentation related to debt, equity (venture and private equity), crypto currencies, tokens and structured investments, rights offerings, tender offers, exchange offers, consent solicitations and spin-offs, and non-disclosure agreements related to these transactions
- Maintenance of existing investments including corporate actions, proxies and mergers and acquisitions
- Preparing and reviewing regulatory filings regarding investments
- Providing advice and counseling on bankruptcy-related matters including restructuring transactions, workouts and participating on ad hoc and official committees, reviewing and negotiating related documentation, including amendments to bond indentures, covenant documents, confidentiality agreements and ethical wall procedures
- Manage outside counsel
COMPANY PROFILE AND BENEFITS:
- Our client is passionate about providing practical and relevant investment advice to their clients, and has over 70 years of experience in doing so.
- Worldwide company that has a strong passion for diversity and inclusion, and has a goal to help their employees thrive.
- You will be part of a reputable and stable company.
- Exceptional compensation and benefits package including 3 weeks paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance and 401(k) plan with 75% company match.
- J.D. from a top law school and licensed to practice law in the U.S.
- 6-8 years of experience in corporate transactional and/or transactional; restructuring/bankruptcy practice at a law firm or in-house with an investment management or mutual fund complex
- Experience in the federal securities laws and rules thereunder, including the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the Investment Company Act of 1940, as well as the U.S. Bankruptcy Code preferred. Knowledge of IRC and ERISA is helpful but not required.
Meet Your Recruiter
Mandy Farmaian, CSC
Mandy helped found ABA in 1986 with Valli Farmaian. With her love of people and innate ability to nurture relationships, she knew the staffing industry was where she wanted to be, and she hasn’t looked back since. In her role as president, Mandy spearheads ABA’s Sales and Recruiting efforts, leading the ABA team in candidate searches and development of ABA’s Life Sciences, Technology, and Legal divisions. Her extensive network of Bay Area talent and employers as well as her years of expertise in recruiting and professional placement are the key drivers to ABA’s success – earning the company a spot on the Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in the US. She has successfully completed retained and contingency search for attorneys as well as technology executives.
Having established Legal as one of ABA’s core divisions, Mandy returned to ABA after three years working with the Eastridge Group. Under her guidance, these divisions provide staffing solutions to some of the Bay Area’s top technology companies as well as law firms and corporate legal departments.
Mandy earned her BA in political science and French literature from the University of California, Berkeley. After several years of city life in San Francisco, she moved with her family to Hillsborough, CA where she remains active in the community and is a board member of the San Mateo County Health Foundation.
Favorite things to do in the Bay Area: Hiking, movies, and farmers markets (and the occasional tennis game!).
Favorite quote: “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill