Associate General Counsel
245 Lytton Avenue, Suite 125 Palo Alto, CA 94301
Associate General Counsel
Industry: Private Equity Company
Status: Full Time Employee
Location: Palo Alto, California
- Our client focuses on late stage venture capital investments
- This company support clients who focus on consumer Internet and media, software and services, enterprise infrastructure, and medical devices
- They have brought various known technology companies through their IPOs – they have beyond an impressive portfolio
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- You will review and negotiate commercial contracts
- You will be responsible for preparing and reviewing financing documents as well as managing new and existing investment
- You will ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- You will oversee various human resources-related matters
- Expert contract skills
- 2+ years of experience in corporate law
- Exposure to startup/VC-focused law
- Bachelor’s degree and JD
ABOUT ABA SEARCH
At ABA Search, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We're positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We thrive on deepening our expertise. We're energized by the human resources and legal industries, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That's what makes us "the name to know in recruitment."
Check out # 35 on the 2019 Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America!
Meet Your Recruiter
Mandy Farmaian, CSC
Mandy helped found ABA in 1986 with Valli Farmaian. With her love of people and innate ability to nurture relationships, she knew the staffing industry was where she wanted to be, and she hasn’t looked back since. In her role as president, Mandy spearheads ABA’s Sales and Recruiting efforts, leading the ABA team in candidate searches and development of ABA’s Technology and Legal divisions. Her extensive network of Bay Area talent and employers as well as her years of expertise in recruiting and professional placement are the key drivers to ABA’s success – earning the company a spot on the Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in the US. She has successfully completed retained and contingency search for attorneys as well as technology executives.
Having established Legal as one of ABA’s core divisions, Mandy returned to ABA after three years working with the Eastridge Group. Under her guidance, these divisions provide staffing solutions to some of the Bay Area’s top technology companies as well as law firms and corporate legal departments.
Mandy earned her BA in political science and French literature from the University of California, Berkeley. After several years of city life in San Francisco, she moved with her family to Hillsborough, CA where she remains active in the community and is a board member of the San Mateo County Health Foundation.
Favorite things to do in the Bay Area: Hiking, movies, and farmers markets (and the occasional tennis game!).
Favorite quote: “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill