Associate Counsel, Clinical Contracts
333 Lakeside Dr. Foster City, CA 94404
Associate Counsel, Clinical Contracts
Status: Direct Hire - Employee
Location: Foster City, California, 94404
Headquartered in the Bay Area, our client is one of the world’ s leading biopharmaceutical companies. The company focuses on researching and developing medical technology, striving to simplify international care for all those affected by life-threatening illnesses. Boasting a portfolio of highly successful output, the company has marketed twenty-one products, including complete treatment for HIV and chronic hepatitis C.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
You will be a part of a company that spans six contents, employs over 8, 000 people, and generates over $30 billion in revenue. The company will offer you the opportunity to participate in the Employee Stock Purchase Plan, which allows you to contribute 1 to 15 percent of your salary to purchase stock at a discount, as well as the 401(k) plan with a matching contribution of 100%.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- The person in this role will be responsible for the review and negotiation of clinical trial related contracts for multiple clinical trials conducted globally
- You will interface with internal attorneys and clients, as well as outside parties, as they related to clinical trials matters
- You will aid in the development and revision of standard form agreements and the implementation of processes and procedures regarding the review and approval of clinical trial related agreements
- You will provide guidance to internal clients on contract forms and procedures, as well as support Contracts Specialists on the team
- Juris Doctor and 2+ years of relevant experience in draft and review of contracts for clinical trial agreements
- Ability to work with a large number of individuals across various departments, both in our headquarters and global offices
- Exceptional written, verbal, and analytical skills
- Excellent problem-solver with great attention to detail who thrives in a team environment
At ABA, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We’ re positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We love to learn, and we continuously seek new ways to deepen our expertise. We’ re energized by the legal industry, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That' s what makes us “ the name to know in recruitment.”
Mandy helped found ABA in 1986 with Valli Farmaian. With her love of people and innate ability to nurture relationships, she knew the staffing industry was where she wanted to be, and she hasn’t looked back since. In her role as president, Mandy spearheads ABA’s Sales and Recruiting efforts, leading the ABA team in candidate searches and development of ABA’s Technology and Legal divisions. Her extensive network of Bay Area talent and employers as well as her years of expertise in recruiting and professional placement are the key drivers to ABA’s success – earning the company a spot on the Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in the US. She has successfully completed retained and contingency search for attorneys as well as technology executives.
Having established Legal as one of ABA’s core divisions, Mandy returned to ABA after three years working with the Eastridge Group. Under her guidance, these divisions provide staffing solutions to some of the Bay Area’s top technology companies as well as law firms and corporate legal departments.
Mandy earned her BA in political science and French literature from the University of California, Berkeley. After several years of city life in San Francisco, she moved with her family to Hillsborough, CA where she remains active in the community and is a board member of the San Mateo County Health Foundation.
Favorite things to do in the Bay Area: Hiking, movies, and farmers markets (and the occasional tennis game!).
Favorite quote: “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill