AD, Project Management - Drug Discovery and Early Development
South San Francisco, CA 94080
AD, Project Manager, Drug Discovery/Early Development
Status: Full-Time Employee
Location: South San Francisco
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
- You will play a key role in the operational management of the company's drug discovery and early development projects from research to proof of concept, conducted in close collaboration with academic and industry partners.
- You will partner with key stakeholders to define the vision and drug discovery and development strategy for the program.
- You will establish and maintain functionally integrated project timelines and will prepare and manage project team budgets in collaboration with finance and cross-functional team leads.
- You will interact with team members of various levels of experience and at multiple sites to facilitate project and resource planning, tracking, reporting and budgeting.
COMPANY PROFILE AND BENEFITS
- Our client is forward-thinking in its pursuit of understanding the fundamental science of aging and finding treatments for associated diseases.
- Recognized for its positive company culture and commitment to operating with integrity.
- You will be part of a reputable and stable company.
- Exceptional compensation and benefits package.
- Ph.D. and 4+ years, OR M.S./M.B.A. with 5+ years, OR B.S. and at least 8 years of proven Project Management experience in drug development at a biotech or pharmaceutical company.
- Strong understanding of discovery research, pre-clinical development and overall drug development process.
- Experience in managing projects that involve close interactions with external collaborators.
- Collaborative with the ability to effectively communicate progress toward milestones, opportunities, and risks to all stakeholders.
ABOUT ABA SEARCH
At ABA Search, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We're positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We thrive on deepening our expertise. We're energized by the life science and pharmaceutical industries, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That's what makes us "the name to know in recruitment."
Check out the 2020 Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America! This was ABA’s 4th year in a row on this list and our 2nd year on the Best Executive Search Firms in America.
Meet Your Recruiter
Director, Executive Recruiter - Life Sciences and Legal
Josh joined ABA in 2019 as a legal recruiter after relocating to the Bay Area from the East Coast. He worked as a legal recruiter for close to a decade in New York City focusing on lateral placements at international law firms with a special focus on Asia markets and practices. He holds a B.A. in Communications from Fordham University. He enjoys the excitement and challenges of getting to know and understand the personality and long-term goals of his clients in order to help them find success and professional fulfillment.
In another lifetime Josh was a professional musician who toured throughout the country, wrote jingles for commercials and started an independent concert promotion company. He lives outside San Francisco with his wife and daughter.
Favorite Things to Do in the Bay Area: Camping, hiking, and exploring new restaurants