Senior Corporate Paralegal
4353 North First Street San Jose, CA 95134
Senior Corporate Paralegal
Status: Full-Time Employee
Location: San Jose, CA
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- You will establish and maintain a worldwide legal entity management system
- You will prepare public company filings and assist the legal and finance group on corporate transactions and governance documentation
- You will prepare statutory filings and coordinate with local counsel and finance group regarding financial and legal reporting matters
- You will maintain the compliance database for third parties
- You will assist with equity projects, special projects, and analysis as assigned
- Our client is a public company, recognized as an industry leader in the energy field
- Trusted by some of the largest businesses in the world to provide their operations with clean energy
- Committed to reducing electricity costs and greenhouse gas emissions
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- You will be part of the Legal Department, reporting to the General Counsel
- Competitive compensation and benefits including 401k and performance bonus
- Stock options, employee stock purchase plan, equity incentive plan
- Collaborative company culture, flexible work hours
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business or relevant paralegal experience required, CEP certification required
- 10+ years of aggregate experience as a corporate paralegal, preferably at both global public company and law firm
- Understanding of U.S. GAAP accounting and extensive knowledge of stock administration, including knowledge of FAS 123R and ASC 718
- Proficiency in equity administration, legal entity management and related software (Equity Edge, Entity Management Systems)
- Expertise in legal entity management, working knowledge of compliance
ABOUT ABA SEARCH
At ABA Search, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We're positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We thrive on deepening our expertise. We're energized by the legal industry, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That's what makes us "the name to know in recruitment."
Check out # 35 on the 2019 Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America!
Meet Your Recruiter
Mandy Farmaian, CSC
Mandy helped found ABA in 1986 with Valli Farmaian. With her love of people and innate ability to nurture relationships, she knew the staffing industry was where she wanted to be, and she hasn’t looked back since. In her role as president, Mandy spearheads ABA’s Sales and Recruiting efforts, leading the ABA team in candidate searches and development of ABA’s Technology and Legal divisions. Her extensive network of Bay Area talent and employers as well as her years of expertise in recruiting and professional placement are the key drivers to ABA’s success – earning the company a spot on the Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in the US. She has successfully completed retained and contingency search for attorneys as well as technology executives.
Having established Legal as one of ABA’s core divisions, Mandy returned to ABA after three years working with the Eastridge Group. Under her guidance, these divisions provide staffing solutions to some of the Bay Area’s top technology companies as well as law firms and corporate legal departments.
Mandy earned her BA in political science and French literature from the University of California, Berkeley. After several years of city life in San Francisco, she moved with her family to Hillsborough, CA where she remains active in the community and is a board member of the San Mateo County Health Foundation.
Favorite things to do in the Bay Area: Hiking, movies, and farmers markets (and the occasional tennis game!).
Favorite quote: “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill