525 University Avenue Palo Alto, CA 94301
Industry: AM 100 Law Firm
Status: Full Time Employee
Location: 525 University Avenue, Palo Alto, California 94301
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- This is an opportunity to grow professionally with a renown IP Firm by enhancing client relationships and supporting the lawyers
- You will assist drafting correspondence to clients, communicating and collaborating with clients and third parties
- You will be responsible for preparation and review of the daily docket report, preparing and filing non-provisional and provisional applications, divisionals, continuations, responses to office actions, and electronic filing system of the USPTO
- Our client provides legal service in the technology, financial services, energy and private equity industries
- This firm has 16 offices globally and 40 major legal practice areas
- Our client is active in progressing professional development through programs such as Women’ s Attorney Initiatives, LGBT and Allies Attorney Initiatives, and Working Parents Initiatives
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Mentorship training
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Stable firm with opportunity for professional growth
- Expert in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Scanning, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Visio
- 3+ years of experience as a legal secretary with a mid-size/large-sized firm
- Exposure to handling expense reports, client bills, multi-line phones and conflict-checking forms
- Bachelor’ s degree or paralegal certificate preferred
ABOUT ABA SEARCH:
At ABA Search, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We’ re positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We love to learn, and we continuously seek new ways to deepen our expertise. We’ re energized by the legal industry, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That' s what makes us “ the name to know in recruitment.”
For the past 2 years, ABA has been ranked as one of the Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America
Director of Legal Recruiting
Haeley joined the ABA team in 2012 as a Staffing Specialist generalist. Searching for a career out of college that was both intellectually stimulating and people-oriented, Haeley came to ABA and has never looked back. She has a passion for people and thrives on matchmaking corporate cultures to vibrant people. Haeley loves the exciting spectrum of Silicon Valley business that allows her to work with all types of clients – from the big names to the start-ups with brilliant minds.
Haeley earned her B.A. in Psychology with a minor in Business and graduated Cum Laude from Gonzaga University. As an undergraduate she kept quite busy; Haeley was Chief of Staff for the Psychology Club, Secretary for the Italian club, a member of Psi Chi (International Psychology Honors Society), and played in the symphony.
Haeley is currently the President of the Gonzaga Bay Area Alumni Chapter and a Board Member for the Golden Gate Chapter of California Staffing Professionals organization.
Haeley lives in San Francisco.
Favorite things to do in the Bay Area: Weekend trips to wine country!
Favorite quote: “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” – Colin Powell