777 South Figueroa Street Suite 3200 Los Angeles, CA 90017-5855
Paralegal - Trademark
Industry: International Law Firm
Status: Full-Time Employee
Location: Los Angeles, Portland, Sacramento or Seattle
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- This is an opportunity to work with a dynamic, collaborative team in a firm that is recognized as one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For
- You will assist with correspondences with foreign associates
- You will be responsible for preparing, filing, prosecuting and monitoring all US trademarks and trademark applications worldwide
- You will conduct searches of US Patent and Trademark Office
- Named among The American Lawyer’ s A-List firms of 2016 – recognized for its innovative and collaborative approach in providing legal counsel
- Global leader in the practice areas of litigation, transactions, and compliance matters – this firm has emerged as an expert in the technology, energy, and finance sectors
- Twenty-five offices around the world – granting the highest quality of personal service to prominent businesses
- Headquartered in the Bay Area
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Mentorship program
- Generous medical coverage – including health, dental, and vision
- Premier location allowing for engagement in a variety of non-profit and professional organizations
- Expertise in Microsoft Office software, docketing systems, automated control databases and database retrieval systems
- 2+ years of experience in trademark
- Working knowledge of foreign and domestic trademark prosecution and maintenance
- Bachelor’ s degree required, and ABA paralegal certificate preferred
ABOUT ABA SEARCH:
At ABA Search, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We’ re positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We love to learn, and we continuously seek new ways to deepen our expertise. We’ re energized by the legal industry, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That' s what makes us “ the name to know in recruitment.”
For the past 2 years, ABA has been ranked as one of the Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America
Mandy helped found ABA in 1986 with Valli Farmaian. With her love of people and innate ability to nurture relationships, she knew the staffing industry was where she wanted to be, and she hasn’t looked back since. In her role as president, Mandy spearheads ABA’s Sales and Recruiting efforts, leading the ABA team in candidate searches and development of ABA’s Technology and Legal divisions. Her extensive network of Bay Area talent and employers as well as her years of expertise in recruiting and professional placement are the key drivers to ABA’s success – earning the company a spot on the Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in the US. She has successfully completed retained and contingency search for attorneys as well as technology executives.
Having established Legal as one of ABA’s core divisions, Mandy returned to ABA after three years working with the Eastridge Group. Under her guidance, these divisions provide staffing solutions to some of the Bay Area’s top technology companies as well as law firms and corporate legal departments.
Mandy earned her BA in political science and French literature from the University of California, Berkeley. After several years of city life in San Francisco, she moved with her family to Hillsborough, CA where she remains active in the community and is a board member of the San Mateo County Health Foundation.
Favorite things to do in the Bay Area: Hiking, movies, and farmers markets (and the occasional tennis game!).
Favorite quote: “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill