Mid-Level Associate (Privacy & Cybersecurity)
135 Commonwealth Dr Menlo Park, CA 94025
Industry: Global 50 Law Firm
Status: Full Time Employee
Location: Menlo Park, California
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- This is an opportunity to be a collaborative team member within a fast paced, collegial law firm environment
- You will have the chance to participate in the firm’ s Intellectual Property Transactions & Strategies group
- You will assist drafting privacy, data handling, and cybersecurity policies
- You will be responsible for devising solutions for companies under FTC jurisdiction and state privacy laws
- You will conduct privacy due diligence for deals and other corporate transactions
- This firm focuses on serving clients in the financial, private equity, real estate, technology and life sciences industries
- Our client advocates for a meritocracy environment to allow staff the ability to participate in multiple departments and offices
- Our client has offices in China, Europe, India, Israel, and United States
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive compensation package
- Health benefits
- 401k, paid vacation
- Professional development and training opportunities
- 4+ years of experience in Intellectual Property litigation
- Exposure to FTC jurisdiction and state privacy laws
- Working knowledge of cross-border data transactions a plus
- California bar admission preferred
ABOUT ABA SEARCH:
At ABA Search, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We’ re positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We love to learn, and we continuously seek new ways to deepen our expertise. We’ re energized by the legal industry, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That' s what makes us “ the name to know in recruitment.”
Mandy helped found ABA in 1986 with Valli Farmaian. With her love of people and innate ability to nurture relationships, she knew the staffing industry was where she wanted to be, and she hasn’t looked back since. In her role as president, Mandy spearheads ABA’s Sales and Recruiting efforts, leading the ABA team in candidate searches and development of ABA’s Technology and Legal divisions. Her extensive network of Bay Area talent and employers as well as her years of expertise in recruiting and professional placement are the key drivers to ABA’s success – earning the company a spot on the Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in the US. She has successfully completed retained and contingency search for attorneys as well as technology executives.
Having established Legal as one of ABA’s core divisions, Mandy returned to ABA after three years working with the Eastridge Group. Under her guidance, these divisions provide staffing solutions to some of the Bay Area’s top technology companies as well as law firms and corporate legal departments.
Mandy earned her BA in political science and French literature from the University of California, Berkeley. After several years of city life in San Francisco, she moved with her family to Hillsborough, CA where she remains active in the community and is a board member of the San Mateo County Health Foundation.
Favorite things to do in the Bay Area: Hiking, movies, and farmers markets (and the occasional tennis game!).
Favorite quote: “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill