235 Montgomery Street, 17th Floor San Francisco, CA 94104
Industry: Mid-sized Law Firm
Status: Full Time Employee
Location: 235 Montgomery Street, San Francisco, CA 94104
- Our client offers a collegial and supportive environment
- Certified as a green business by the San Francisco Green Business Program – this firm has committed to protecting the environment with a sustainability program
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- This firm provides a competitive salary and a full range of medical, dental, and vision as well as other insurance benefits
- Generous vacation package is offered
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- This is an opportunity to support attorneys when their assigned secretaries are absent
- You will have the chance to work with secretaries to ensure that all incoming jobs are prioritized and completed promptly
- You will edit bills in an online billing system and coordinate client billing matters with the billing staff in the Accounting Department
- You will be responsible for providing administrative assistance to attorneys by performing complex and specialized litigation and transactional secretarial tasks
- You will prepare legal documents, cover letters, and emails
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and database software
- 1+ years of experience as a legal secretary or legal assistant
- Exposure to actively working within a team orientated environment
- Working knowledge of legal terminology, legal documents, and legal processes
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’ s degree preferred
ABOUT ABA SEARCH:
At ABA Search, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We’ re positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We love to learn, and we continuously seek new ways to deepen our expertise. We’ re energized by the legal industry, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That' s what makes us “ the name to know in recruitment.”
Mandy helped found ABA in 1986 with Valli Farmaian. With her love of people and innate ability to nurture relationships, she knew the staffing industry was where she wanted to be, and she hasn’t looked back since. In her role as president, Mandy spearheads ABA’s Sales and Recruiting efforts, leading the ABA team in candidate searches and development of ABA’s Technology and Legal divisions. Her extensive network of Bay Area talent and employers as well as her years of expertise in recruiting and professional placement are the key drivers to ABA’s success – earning the company a spot on the Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in the US. She has successfully completed retained and contingency search for attorneys as well as technology executives.
Having established Legal as one of ABA’s core divisions, Mandy returned to ABA after three years working with the Eastridge Group. Under her guidance, these divisions provide staffing solutions to some of the Bay Area’s top technology companies as well as law firms and corporate legal departments.
Mandy earned her BA in political science and French literature from the University of California, Berkeley. After several years of city life in San Francisco, she moved with her family to Hillsborough, CA where she remains active in the community and is a board member of the San Mateo County Health Foundation.
Favorite things to do in the Bay Area: Hiking, movies, and farmers markets (and the occasional tennis game!).
Favorite quote: “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill