Computational Biologist, Machine Perception
Suite 1800 San Francisco, CA 94080
- Computational Biologist, Machine Learning
Industry: Research and Development/Life Science
Status: Full-Time Employee
Location: South San Francisco
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
- Employ Machine Learning practices to measure biological data of multiple origins, including image and video
- Improve or innovate new computational methods to better suit scientific research goals
- Use expert Machine Learning models for visual data
- Collaborate with scientists from multiple disciplines
- Initiate integration of novel methods into current R&D processes
- Lead mapping projects
- Apply knowledge of human population genetics
- Publish results in industry journals or present methodology on occasion
- COMPANY PROFILE
- Headquartered in the Bay Area, our client is a well-funded research and development company researching various impacts on the future of human development
- Deeply invested in studying the health and well-being of individual
- Dedicated to sharing their findings with partners, the greater scientific community and the world
- Outstanding company culture shaped by intense curiosity, collaboration, intelligence and kindness
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Very well-funded research and development company, offering long study runways
- Inspiring and passionate employee mission and culture open to learning from failure and success
- Academic research focused with a tech feel
- Ability to work with scientists from many disciplines and varied data
- MSc of PhD degree in computer or bioliogical sciences
- 5+ years relevant experience in computer and biological sciences combined
- Excellent programming skills using Python
- Proficient skills using C++
- 1+ year using TensorFlow
- Excellent communication skills
ABOUT ABA SEARCH
At ABA Search, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We're positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We thrive on deepening our expertise. We're energized by the legal and pharmaceutical industries, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That's what makes us "the name to know in recruitment."
Meet Your Recruiter
Mandy Farmaian, CSC
Mandy helped found ABA in 1986 with Valli Farmaian. With her love of people and innate ability to nurture relationships, she knew the staffing industry was where she wanted to be, and she hasn’t looked back since. In her role as president, Mandy spearheads ABA’s Sales and Recruiting efforts, leading the ABA team in candidate searches and development of ABA’s Technology and Legal divisions. Her extensive network of Bay Area talent and employers as well as her years of expertise in recruiting and professional placement are the key drivers to ABA’s success – earning the company a spot on the Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in the US. She has successfully completed retained and contingency search for attorneys as well as technology executives.
Having established Legal as one of ABA’s core divisions, Mandy returned to ABA after three years working with the Eastridge Group. Under her guidance, these divisions provide staffing solutions to some of the Bay Area’s top technology companies as well as law firms and corporate legal departments.
Mandy earned her BA in political science and French literature from the University of California, Berkeley. After several years of city life in San Francisco, she moved with her family to Hillsborough, CA where she remains active in the community and is a board member of the San Mateo County Health Foundation.
Favorite things to do in the Bay Area: Hiking, movies, and farmers markets (and the occasional tennis game!).
Favorite quote: “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill