1300 West Traverse Parkway Lehi, CA 84043
Industry: Genomic Health
Status: Direct Hire – Employee
Location: Lehi, Utah 84043
Our client is a globally recognized private tech-health company with eight global offices and over 1,500 employees worldwide. Privately held, the company’s annual valuation is between $1-2 billion per year. The leader in their field with over 2 million customers, our client aims to provide their customers with a greater sense of understanding and solutions to health concerns.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
You will be a part of a company whose sole focus revolves around human understanding and knowledge. They offer competitive pay, comprehensive retirement plans, and medical, dental, and vision coverage. In addition to these benefits, our client provides a host of day-to-day perks to improve employee experience, including onsite fitness classes, external speakers, and subsidized transit.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- You will collaborate with scientists to develop and maintain software to analyze genomic data from array and sequencing experiments
- You will advance existing software to optimize performance, usability, and research reproducibility
- You will partner with other bioinformatics engineers to create and support a scalable cloud environment for scientific teams
- You will advocate coding and software best practices in order to improve software quality
- You will collaborate with engineering teams to translate research software findings toward production
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, genetics, or another related field and 2+ years of professional experience
- Proficient in several of the following in a distributed Unix environment: Python, R, AWS, SQL, Java, C++, Shell scripting, git, and Hadoop/Spark
- Ability to develop regulated health products in biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, or clinical diagnostics
- Experience debugging and optimizing research grade software
- Proficient at writing biological datasets from technologies such as NSG or microarray
- Independent self-starter who takes project ownership within a collaborative environment
At ABA, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We’re positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We love to learn, and we continuously seek new ways to deepen our expertise. We’re energized by the legal industry, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That's what makes us “the name to know in recruitment.”
Director, Executive Search
Lauren’s first six years in recruiting started right here at ABA in the 1990s. In the 20+ years since, Lauren has been a staffing specialist at start-ups, an incubator, other staffing agencies, and she has served as the in-house recruiter for large international companies—not to mention running her own small business and raising three amazing children. Lauren’s breadth and depth of experience gives her a unique understanding of both client and candidate needs. To round out her knowledge, she has spent the last three years placing hardware and software engineering staff in the semiconductor industry as a Diversity Recruiter for Intel.
Some of Lauren’s past clients include Oracle, SAP, KPMG, PWC, Ernst and Young, Booz Allen Hamilton, boutique consulting firms, Fortune 500 companies, and start-ups where she placed technical, consulting, and sales staff. Her goal is to create enduring partnerships with candidates and clients alike, built on a rapport of honesty and trust. She has in-depth knowledge of all stages of the hiring/recruitment cycle and is skilled at advising selection criteria and managing job offer/compensation strategy. Most of all, Lauren absolutely loves recruiting because it’s not only challenging, but a great amount of fun too!
Born and raised in the Bay Area, Lauren graduated Summa Cum Laude from Dominican University with a B.S. in Human Resource Management and a minor in Psychology. Now located in Scottsdale, Arizona, she’s thrilled to be back with ABA where it all began to pursue the profession she loves.
Favorite things to do in Scottsdale: Exploring her new city and surrounding areas, hiking, and occasionally jumping on a plane to visit her college-aged daughter in the Northwest.
Favorite Quote: “This is the real secret of life – to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play.” - Alan Watts